Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday Treasure #7

this week I am being quite sentimental.....

my favourite place in the whole wide world must be

my grandparents house on their farm



I am lucky enough to own the original Blueprint


It is easy to recognise it from this design in the top picture....

Drawn up in 1944

so many wonderful memories of that home
christmas parties, family gatherings, mud fights, fresh apples, granny's baking, pop's stories..... etc etc

Sadly during the liberation war my grandparents had to move away for safety reasons and much of the farm was destroyed. 
The house still stands but I understand there was significant damage inside and it is not used.


Tuesday Treasure is hosted by Clare and so many of us are having fun finding new and old treasures in our homes. Pop by HERE for a read of todays treasures and we'd love you to join us.


This week I received in the post some patterns I bought on-line.
Judith is having a wonderful 50% off sale on patterns but it finishes tonight so be quick if you want to grab a bargain. For her website go HERE.



I have ordered some extra time so I can make these and all the other things in my cupboard......
That hasn't arrived yet....
if you know of a good supply at a bargain price please let me know


Hugz


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Fiona , what a special treasure ! I love the house but I'd frame those blueprints , how lucky you are to have them . Thanks for showing us and playing along .

Melody said...

What a fabulous thing to have, I agree with Clare they would look great framed and would be safe too.

marina said...

It must have been a great home in it's day.
I am sorry i am all out of time at my place. Reliable Suppliers are rare!

Sheila said...

Fiona, that is indeed a treasure ,what a beautiful home , so large and spacious and such a nice design , you are very fortunate to have the blueprints !

Allie said...

What a GORGEOUS home - so sad that it isn't being used! It's wonderful. How lovely that you have the blueprints!
Love your patterns and if you find some bargains on extra time, be sure to let me know, I need to stock up!

Sue said...

Love the blue prints, you must frame them. House plans are not blue these days, that's a real treasure.

Mistea said...

The home looks amazing and to have the plans from then beautiful - surely a treasure for your family.

Thanks for sharing

No idea where you might find some extra time - Sorry

Cyndi said...

What lovely memories...I associate those types of memories of my grandparents' home, too. So sorry that the farm was destroyed and the home is not inhabitable, but you still have those blueprints and all of your beautiful memories!

Hey, from where did you order that extra time? I need to get myself some of that, too! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

rozhearts said...

Wow.... what a fabulous treasure to have and I agree they would look great framed. Although designed in the 1940's the house looks so modern I would have loved to have lived in that house.
Great treasure. Thanks for sharing.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>