Monday, August 30, 2010

747

Occasionally this beautiful chap comes by to our feeder. 
He is a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo and about half a metre tall.....
 
We call him the 747 as he is much bigger than the other birds who visit us and everyone scatters when the big guy comes along..... (even the dog comes inside!)
Beautiful bird with a raucous cry...

Meanwhile I have at last done some quilting on my 'Bouquet's' wallhanging....


I am still a learner free motion quilter and use a fairly small domestic machine....
This is my first attempt using a contrast thread....
It was easier to do than Widgets quilt (which was stretch fabric and quite clumpy)

The back....(there are spaces as I didn't want to stitch over the stitchery designs..

I am improving but there's a way to go................

This beautiful pattern is a BOM by Jenny. You can find the pattern HERE
Now for the back hanging sleeve and the binding......

Have a wonderful week

Hugz

8 comments:

Sammy said...

Beautiful bird, and the name 747 is hilarious; However he is very adorable.
As for your quilting, it is very pretty . I like the design, and the colors are bright as well as pretty.

Very well done.

Love,

-Samya :-)

Barb said...

What a treat to have that bird come and visit you....

Love your free motion....I too am trying to get better at it....

Sheila said...

Wow I would be really impressed to see a bird like that at the feeder, I get all excited to see a purple finch ;-)Your free motion looks really great , I am not that good at that , stippling is about it and maybe a few leaves. I looks like a pretty quilt.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

We had one of these fellows as a pet, he died last year at the age of 33....lovely bird...great quilting...

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I am so impressed with your free motion quilting!! Well done, Fiona!!

Maria said...

In our town we get hundreds of yur 747's and boy are they niosy and distructive.
Your free motion quilting is great.they say practise is the answer.I have to do plently of that.

Daffycat said...

Isn't that a gorgeous bird? Of course, in the States we only ever see Cockatoos in captivity where they seldom do well. (They tend to pull all their feathers out.) They must be magnificent to see in the wild like that!

Tarnyia said...

I love your quilting on your quilt xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>