Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wash Cloth & Block Swap

~ I am expecting special visitors next week ~
~ my DES and DIL are arriving on Tuesday from UK to spend 5 weeks with us ~
~ how lucky am I? ~
(they are the ones expecting their first baby next year)
~ I am so excited ~

~ I have to remember ~
~ breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out ~

It was such fun to join up with the Wash Cloth Swap with Jodie from Jellywares 
~ I haven't done one of these before so was a bit nervous on what to include and make ~

Now that my swap partner Cassandra from Cosmic Creations has received her parcel I can show you what I sent

I am a novice at crochet so a simple square (though I did work at a scalloped edging!! haha) and then Christmassized it with an applique star.....
~ the cotton was lovely to work with ~



~ I had fun with a mug-bag ~
I've been waiting for an excuse to make one of these
Those are my swap partners initials on the tea-bag!


  ~ on the back is a pocket for a tea bag - I put a vanilla one in so it would make everything smell yummy ~


~ and then what else but Christmas tea ~


~ Cassandra says she loves it all ~
~ have a look at Cosmic Creations - Cassandra has been dying wool with food colouring ~

Thanks Jodie for hosting this.... it was such fun taking part
Jodie has a lovely crochet star washer cloth tutorial HERE which I'd like to try
- mmm maybe a bit of a challenge for me...

I have also joined Sue's Quilting Blocks Australia - I enjoy linking up with different people but it is also going to challenge me to try some of the blocks - and experiment more with colour....

My first block for Rosemary is a Log Cabin in Earthy Greens.  Rosemary doesn't have a blog but she might have a look in here .... so sneaky peak only until she receives it....


This is the second one..... I messed up with the first one and the size was wrong..... I now have a large pot stand - but you can't see that either - 'cos it's the same!

I have fancied an "I Spy" quilt for ages so I have requested Wonky square blocks - I will be getting one from Rosemary - can't wait for the start to my new quilt!  

Thanks to Sue and Rosemary for help in getting going with my blocks.... much appreciated..

PS. Anyone can join - you don't have to live in Australia.... Just pop over HERE and drop Sue a note..

17 comments:

Sheila said...

Your gifts to your swap partner are lovely and I am sure were much appreciated , I especially love the mug bag with the sweet little stitcherie , wonderful job!

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

You did great That fabric, If I did quilting I would join block swap I do not. quilt.Your stitchrie is very nice. Laura

Teresa said...

I love your wash cloth and the mug bag you made for your partner. You did a great job... where did you find Christmas tea? It is all so perfect. Like the challenges you've set up for yourself. I think you will enjoy the challenge immensely! Going to check out that crochet star wash cloth. I have made a few of Jodie's wash cloth patterns.

Just Ramblin' said...

I bet your swap partner was thrilled with all the lovely gifts you sent. I especially like your "mug bag". Such a great idea. Just checked out the star wash cloth. Think I'll try it. Thanks for sharing. Nola

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great job on the wash cloth and mug bag Bubz....I am sure they will be loved....

marina said...

I love the colour of your wash cloth, it looks great. Your edging looks really good too. Good on you. Together with the mug bag they make a fantastic package.
I bet you can't wait for Tuesday! How wonderful.

Allie said...

5 weeks, oh you are blessed!!! What a wonderful Christmas gift. I love your crocheted wash cloth, I love making those myself - never thought to applique, that looks lovely! And your mug bag is just adorable.
I've never made a log cabin block, it's on my list - but mine will have to be wonky [sigh]. Looking forward to seeing the wonky squares you receive!

Janice said...

Your wash cloth is great. Can't believe you are a beginner. The mug bag is a great idea to include for the tea side of the swap. You've been very busy. Have fun with your block swap too.

Serenata said...

Lovely wash cloth and the mug bag is gorgeous, you've really made it quite special.

Now trying to work out the initials DES and DIL? Hope they have a wonderful visit with you, I am sure it will be a really special time.

Joy McD said...

Ooooh! How exciting to have your special visitors come soon!!!! I'm sure you are going to have a wondeful time!
Love your little gifties too, well done :)
lv,
Joy

Unknown said...

You have been so very busy ! I hope you have a lovely holiday season .

Unknown said...

Great Job on the Wash Cloth & Mug Bag they both look Great...Nice Swap.
cheers

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pretty cloth! Love the tea pouch. So sweet. How wonderful your family can come and stay for such a long visit. Enjoy!

Crowing Moon said...

I made some of those bags a few years ago. They are so cute. I just dug out the pattern a couple of days ago to make some more :)Yours looks great!
Hope you have an awesome time with your family coming to stay.

Bev C said...

Hello Fiona,

Love the goodies you made. Must check out the link for the cloth. A quick project to make for in between those big jobs.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

The items you made for Cassandra are all gorgeous and she must have been thrilled to open her swap package.
Hope you have a wonderful time with your family Fiona.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Cosmiccreepers said...

Hi Fiona, I certainly do love my gifts. I would never had guessed that you were a crochet novice, it is wonderful. And the cup bag will keep my tea and cup safe in the staffroom next year at school - especially with my initials on it, no excuse for not knowing it is mine!

Thanks again Fiona.

Cheers, Cassandra.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>