Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So that was Christmas

So that was Christmas and
what have you done
another year over, a new one just begun
and so that was Christmas
I hope you had fun
the near and the dear ones
the old and the young
a very Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year
let's hope it's a good one
without any fear
John Lennon

I was reminded of this song at Julia's blog

~ over here in my house ~
~ there are only crumbs left on the plate ~
~ the wine is gone ~


~ what fun - what food - what presents ~
~ that beautiful cake dome is one of them ~
~ nice huh? ~
~ lucky me huh? ~

~ it rained and rained ~

~ these two found shelter in the porch ~


~ we can't get to town ~


~ this little green chap is happy ~
~ and noisy ~


~ last evening we spotted a break in the clouds ~


~ so far today no rain.... but there is no sunshine either ~

~ all around us we hear of people being evacuated from their homes ~
~ others have spent their whole Christmas cleaning up .... and again... and then again ~
~ in the west they are having a heat wave and watching out for bushfires ~
~ friends in far places are snowbound ~

~ so I know we are very lucky really ~
~ I wonder if our luck will hold - maybe we will win the cricket? ~

~ Oh ~
~ Does anybody remember the travelling goats? ~
~ well, one arrived at my house ~
~ bearing gifts ~
~ I'll show you next time ~

~ keep safe where ever you are ~ 
~ keep happy ~

~ tommorrow the sun will rise again ~
(even if you can't see it)

11 comments:

quilary said...

Looks like you had a great time at Christmas - an almost empty wine bottle in evidence! Looks like you won't be getting to the sales anytime soon...and as for the cricket - I'll just be glad if the Aussie see out today!!!

Janice said...

It sounds like a wonderful Christmas was had at your house. I hope you have lots of left overs seeing as you can't get to town.

Chookyblue...... said...

sure is a country of extremes.........

Wonky Girl said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas you all had. Stay safe, so sorry about the flooding!

Joy McD said...

We had a lot of rain too... I wished it was snow.. but hey,... no one else would have!! I think the rain was annoying enough for people!
I have enjoyed the cooler weather down here though.. it looks like it is going to heat up for a while now just when the packers come...!!
Hope the waters recede soon... :)
lv,
Joy

Allie said...

That cake dome is gorgeous - mine would have to come with a cake, I'd never be able to make something nice enough to put in it! Your pic of the birds is just darling. Oh this wicked weather everywhere - too bad we can't share it, spread some rain where it's needed and cold weather where it's too hot....

Scented Sweetpeas said...

I hope that water stays well away from your house. Love that cake dome, just stunning. Take care. x

Kim B said...

I love that frog......The dome is neat too...Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs, Kim

Sheila said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and I love the cake dome , gorgeous . The photos are so interesting and we have also had plenty of rain with flooding , most unusual for us this time of year but today it is snowing and blowing so a good day to stay inside and stitch. Love the sky photo couldn't help thinking it would make a great landscape quilt;-)
hugs SHeila

Mosaic Magpie said...

Fiona,
I love the table runner under the cake dome and wine bottle! A goat story I can not wait! I have Lizzie's here and I am working on it.
Debbie

Rochelle said...

Hi Fiona,

Sorry to see all the water you are experiencing. We have had hardly any down here but I have been keeping an eye on things as my girlfriend lives in Bracken Ridge. My computer says you are in Strathpine? They aren't always right :-)

Love your cake dome, very pretty and love your frog and birds too.

Hope your Christmas was fabulous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>