Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Wishes To You

Minced fruit pies are very much part of our Christmas festivities

I am the most appalling pastry maker and usually use a ready rolled - but it just isn't the same as the amazing flaky pastry my mum used to make for Christmas mincepies... melt in the mouth......

Enter Darling Daughter In Law....


~ we are going to need more ~

These are the cutest little mini plum puddings we made
~ Shelley's easy peasy yummy recipe ~



~ DDES doesn't really like all that fruity stuff ~
~ Chocolate cup-cakes with snowflakes ~


~ Home made Vanilla essence used in my baking this year ~


~ Best quality brandy with vanilla pods added ~
~ has been soaking for 6 months ~
~ good enough to drink on it's own ~
~ but I haven't ~
~ much ~


~ Kettle on, home baked goodies available ~
~ do pop in ~

17 comments:

soggybottomflats said...

oh my, a cuppa essence please! Elaine

Sammy said...

Can I have another mince pie please, and I would like a cup of tea as well.
many thanks for visiting, and for all your kind words.

Merry Christmas, and happy new year.
Lots of love,

-Samya :-)

Janet said...

Looks so yummy! I'll be over for tea anon.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Yummy and pretty! All perfect with a cup of tea. Perhaps I'll make some vanilla next year...are vanilla pods different than vanilla beans?

Kim B said...

Yum Yum Yum
Happy Holidays,
Hugs to you,
Kim

Joy McD said...

Have a wonderful Christmas! Wish I could drop in for a cuppa!!! Looking at all your yummies will have to do :)
lv,
Joy

Marilyn said...

On my way !!!! lol.
Looks delicious.
Have the best time this Christmas - enjoy the time spent with Family and Friends

Mosaic Magpie said...

I will have a cup of that Vanilla please and I do wish I could drop by!
Debbie

Sheila said...

Oh how nice it would be to drop in for a cuppa tea and one of your great treats , they all look so delicious .Tomorrow I have to bake ;-) Merry Christmas.
hugs Sheila

Just Ramblin' said...

Oh, these look so tempting! Can tell you are so enjoying this time with your family! Nola

marina said...

Hope tomorrow is a wonderful day spent with your family!
Vanilla essence now is it? lol
Will be popping by in spirit, will the calories count then?
Have a great Christmas.

Serenata said...

Enjoying the cuppa and oh I can almost taste those mince pies. Go easy on the Vanilla Essence! Have a fabulous Christmas with your delightful family Fiona and fantastic New Year.

Nicky said...

Oh wow - your baking looks amazing! Wish I lived next door - I'd be there in a flash.

I hope you all have a wonderful time together - Merry Christmas!

Allie said...

I wish I could pop in, your Christmas looks much tastier than mine! Merry Christmas sweetie!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Oh my I love your vanilla. :) I always get mine in Mexico when we go on a mission trip but yours would be so much better! Do you have a formula for that? blessings, marlene

Daffycat said...

Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

Janice said...

Merry Christmas Fiona. I hope you have had a wonderful day. I'm guessing I'm a bit late for your yummy goodies. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>