Thursday, December 16, 2010

I am not going to be doing as much reading and writing as I usually do but I did want to share a quick post to share how spoiled I have been this week.............

My family have arrived and we are having a lovely time catching up....  good weather so BBQ every night, sore jaws, lots of laughter and a bit of baby clothes shopping .........

Cheryll from Gone Stitching has been doing a fun 12 days of Christmas giveaway and I was lucky enough to get the goodies for Day 7 -
- there are 7 labels for stitching
- there are 7 gift tags
- there are 7 lengths of ribbon
- there WERE 7 chocolates
~ such fun ~ THANKS Cheryll ~


It has been great fun reading Cherylls blog as there has been all sorts of fun information about traditions etc - you can go have a lookie HERE.....

 ~ I ordered the 'Tis the Season pattern book from Maree this week and she posted it so quick smart ~
Marie has opened up her own little on line shop and has a newsletter blog giving updates over HERE - I just couldn't resist this pattern - especially once I heard that Chookyblue has a stitch-a-long planned next year with this pattern.....  


I told you about sending Cassandra a gift in the washcloth swap and today my gift (s) arrived.... how spoilt was I?


I haven't met Tracy before so I have popped over to her blog HERE - she lives on a farm and theres turkeys, and sheep and lots of lovely garden to see (I love the fresh vegetables), raising children, farming, gardening and time to craft too.... very impressive..

~ look at all the goodies I received ~


~ two beautiful knitted washcloths, tea in the most sweetest tin ever, and a crocheted cloth for over the milk - with beads on the edge to hold it down - and stop those clever flies getting into the milk ~
They are lovely - thank you Tracy


As I said we are having BBQ every night we can... last night someone came by to have a sticky beak.... don't know if it thought maybe we had a toasted rodent for it....

We were sitting in the patio and he/she just sat at the corner for a while.... a special visitor.. a Tawny Frogmouth (I think)
(sorry - not a very good picture)


DIL loves what I have done so far with the baby quilt - and has started helping with the stitching... I should have a few blocks next week.

 .....My apologies for late responses in replying to emails......

~ I'm sure you understand ~

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aren't you so lucky, what lovely goodies you have! I'll swap you your Tawny Frogmouth for the frog that we had inside last night.....fortunately only for a very short while.

Allie said...

I can't believe you're even on the computer, lol! What a lovely win from Cheryll - great pattern - lovely cloths and that milk jug cover is brilliant!

Melody said...

Hi Fiona, Thanks for sharing these lovely things. Wishing you and your family every happiness at Christmas time.

Serenata said...

Gorgeous goodies, and most importantly enjoy your lovely family while they are with you.

Maria said...

What a lovely collection of goodies Fiona.
Love your special visitor.

Looking forward to seeing your baby quilt especially semming your DH is helping!

Enjoy your time with your family'
Hugz'
Maria

Barb said...

What fun gifties.....

Wonky Girl said...

Great gift you won. Thanks for sharing so much on your blog, I enjoy reading it.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Love Bears All Things said...

I ordered the book, too but it hasn't come yet...Lucky you to get those great packages.
I've never heard of that Bird.
Enjoy your family.
Mama Bear

Chookyblue...... said...

keep an eye on the SAL blog Jan/Feb when I add people who are going to join the Tis the Season SAL..........should be heaps of fun........great your organised already..........

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>