Friday, October 1, 2010

Swaps are fun .......

Some time ago I had mentioned I wanted to play with experimenting with shrinking jumpers to make felt.....
Blogland has made it easy to chat to other people about it and now even to swap some of the pieces - this has helped for me to see what others do but also expand my range of colours and textures..

Teresa has also done some 'shrinking' of wool and sent me this lovely parcel of goodies....


Just look at all those lovely colours - I wish you could feel them too - so lovely and soft!

She also put in a lovely tummy surprise and such a cute little gingerbread man - I had admired them on her blog so I am so in love with this little fella - it's not Christmas yet but he is already hanging up for show!


Teresa always has lots of lovely things to look at on her blog.  Go HERE to have a look see - she has made some fantastic little Santa's this week - of course I am going to make some too.....

Jumpers shrink quite a lot but there are usually 4 fairly decent pieces from them - is there someone else doing this and I can do another swap?  Would love to add to my collection and hopefully yours too?

Talking Christmas - I have joined in with Kerryanne's "Simply Christmas" where we are going to have loads of fun planning and making Christmas this year..... I am determined not to be going mad in the last week!!  Kerryanne has loads of ideas and has already provided checklists for us to print and start planning..... I'm off HERE to print them out.......

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aaaaargh.....nooooo.....not Christmas, I'm not ready! Isn't it only two months since the last one?

Allie said...

I love the look of wool but I think I'm allergic - I get too itchy when I handle it. And it's everywhere these days, isn't it? I love it! Your little gingerbread is too darling, how sweet of her to include it!

Teresa said...

Ahhhh now you didn't mention ALL the gorgeous wool you've sent me now did you??? Thanks for swapping with me! A big thank you too for the link to Kerryanne's Simply Christmas. Every bit of help with being organised for Christmas is a bonus. Just love her pages for the planner. Too cute xx

Barb said...

What fun gifties...lucky you!

Melody said...

I'm glad you like felt because I love working with it. I've started a felt quilt which will be a free BOM on my blog next year. Hopefully you will like it.
Have a great weekend.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky you...Teresa does the most amazing work...thanks for the link to the Christmas stuff Bubz...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>