Thursday, July 21, 2022

Using up leftovers.....


This weekend I played with some left over fabrics .....

I made this cute hedgehog quilt in 2018 for youngest grandiegirl who was going to visit us and needed a big bed quilt... Pattern by Melly and Me called Happy Hedgehogs.


Michelle had gifted me some very sweet hedgehog fabric which you can see more clearly here....


 and I had some of Emma Jean Jansen "Eureka" fabric which I used for the big flowers and backgrounds.

I never did take a picture of the finished quilt but it lives in the UK now where we have spotted real life hedgehogs (sniffle sniffle)

Anyway, as you know I like to use up as much of my precious favourite fabrics as I can.  I first saw Star Pop on Raewyn's blog.

Star Pop is by Emily Dennis

Chopped up the left over fabrics, purchased some plain fabric for the stars and this weekend I got to sew sew sew.  I made the small throw size (42 blocks required) which finishes at 60 x 52".   I think I will used this pattern again....


I'm leaving it at that size ... binding is made and ready with it....


Righto, Gotto Go..... today I am going to try and tame some little scraps .... that should be a challenge

Have a great weekend.......

6 comments:

Lin said...

Such an effective design and plenty of scope for some beautiful quilting in those stars. xx

Maria said...

I remember the cute Hedgehog quilt you made…
Really lovely Star quilt you’ve made with the left overs…
Clever to have the binding ready to pop on when you’ve quilted it….

loulee said...

The hedgehog quilt is adorable. And I love the way you have used up the left overs too.

Jennifer said...

I remember the hedgehog quilt....very cute! Love your star quilt, I have always liked stars.

Chantal said...

Your hedgehog quilt is so adorable. For sure, I remember when you were working on it. Love, love, love what you did with the leftovers. Great job! Have a great weekend too. ;^)

Jane said...

must be the season for using up scraps, I've been doing the same! Lovely to see them being put to good use

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>