Saturday, July 9, 2022

Some Finishes.....

This top was made in 2016 (I made some mistakes cutting it but I don't think it shows too much)

As you can see I used 1930' style fabrics on some white.  This pattern is by Kate Henderson from Two Little Banshees and was in the December 2014 Homespun Magazine.  Quilted in 2021


You can see what I did with the quilting clearer in this picture....


At a craft show I found metreage of that fabric I used for the backing going for a good price... perfect


The top of the flannel quilt is finished now that it has it's green border on.... I am just waiting on getting just the right fabric for the backing....


The binding fabric was included in the kit so that has been cut and made ready....


A few more Field Journal blocks have been finished too.....




I still have more of them to sew, but I am going to take a break for a while and do something else.... I do need to prepare a block to sew for Civil War Bride but in the meantime I have taken out a scrappy crochet project I started last year..... I saved all the left over yarn from previous crochet blankets (in that bag at the back) and will use up as much of that as possible....  (you know me - no waste if I can help it!)



Those big soft buckets you get in the hardware store are perfect for this!

My lemon tree has done well this year, and I got some buttermilk this week so made up a new to me recipe found HERE....


Passed the taste test and I don't think it will last long....

Righto, Gotto Go... I have picked up a head cold and am snuffly and blocked up and truely annoyed about it... who has time for that???

I can still play in 'that' room though.... so I will .... keep well, keep safe and keep sewing....


17 comments:

Chantal said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so great. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery. Love the quilting on your soft-coloured quilt. It is so peaceful. Great job. Love your FJ blocks and the first picture is my favourite but they are all nice. I suddenly feel like having a desert. Maybe a little piece of cake would be nice. ;^)

loulee said...

Crochet scrap projects are like scrap quilt projects, you use up loads of left over, but the pile never seems to get smaller. LOL Your blanket is looking lovely so far.
Love that 30s quilt too, great quilting. And the flannel top is looking beautiful.

kiwikid said...

I hope you are feeling better soon Fiona, going into "that" room will make you feel happier if nothing else!! You have had a very productive week, beautiful quilt tops and Field Journal blocks, your crochet blanket is looking wonderful. You are very good at using everything up. The cake looks yum.

Karen S said...

Great work getting the quilt and the quilt top done. Both are looking wonderful.'
I love seeing every one of your field journal blocks.
That is going to be a fun blanket with all the different colours that will go into it. Smart idea.

Lin said...

Such a pretty finish and the quilting looks lovely. I always love florals. Nice to get the flannel top done. Cake looks very yummy! xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh that first quilt is just gorgeous! Love the '30s fabric! Also love your crochet blanket - good idea to use those buckets! Hope you feel better soon xx

Jennifer said...

Hope you get over that cold soon, Fiona....they can make you feel miserable. Loveing your field journal blocks, they are so pretty! A crochet blanket is just the thing to work on, during this cold weather....

Jane said...

hope you feel better soon. Love the colours in your blanket

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely finishes......... Hope you're feeling better soon....... Cake looks good

Kathleen said...

The scrappy crochet blanket is lovely. Are all the yarns the same weight? I have a variety of yarns and wonder if I could combine.

Love your quilting.

Hope you feel better soon.

Karen's Korner said...

Another lovely finish and good progress on other projects. Hope you are feeling better soon and that cake looks yummy. Just checked out the recipe.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sorry you are under the weather.I hope you feel better soon. Beautiful quikts and CGT blocks are gorgeous! Love lemon cake...delish! Sending healing hugs xxx

Ondrea said...

Hope you recover from that nasty cold soon. Love the quilt! The colours are lovely. Gee, you have zoomed along with the other quilt. More gorgeous FJ embroideries. So many projects in such a short time. Crochet is looking good too.

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt and the quilting really compliments the design.
I always love seeing what you are working on, so many projects, all beautiful.

Debbie

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona it’s always fun to see what you are up to,well done on your beautiful work and baking 💕🤍💕

Susan said...

I am not even going to look for the mistake/s in the 1930 quilt..it looks great as it is.

as does everything else . . .love the idea of the large whole quilt that you then cut in two . . .

Susan said...

I am not going to look for your mistakes in the 1930 quilt - it looks great as is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>