Friday, July 15, 2022

Back in the Saddle....

Well that head cold turned out to be Covid - there is  so much around I guess it was inevitable.  I did need to be in bed a lot for a couple of days, a bit wobbly for a couple more and still a residual blocked nose and chesty cough.... I sound worse than I feel.  Effects everyone differently.

My 4th booster was booked for Monday - I do feel the powers that be were a bit slow rolling out the 4th booster... the over 65's have had it available for a while now and Monday suddenly anyone over 30 - we knew this was coming with winter and flu-time.   

Anyway  (rant over) now that I feel better I am sewing again.... these quilts have had their binding added.... I did it all by machine this time.


It was quilted as one big quilt..... basically whole cloth (I used 2 cotton sheets) and then couching on the long arm.... I cut it in half after quilting.


the colours are not showing well, the sheet is a dark grey with a teal yarn for couching.... and a nice brick red binding....


the underside was a light beige sheet....


These will be throws on my single beds in the spare room....  because there is no piecing they are quite lightweight.

Quite a few rows has been added to my scrappy crochet blanket..... this is an easy pattern and not much concentration is needed....



Righto, Gotto Go... I am sewing up more HST's today..... sew.... press..... trim....

Have a lovely weekend..... xx

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Glad you are feeling better. The quilts look lovely. Beautiful colours in your crochet rug. Hugs,

Maria said...

Great you’re feeling better and can do some crafting again…
Fabulous quilting on the whole cloth quilts and I like your colourful crocheted blanket….

Jennifer said...

Glad you are getting better, Fiona.....we have just returned home from having our 2nd booster, that's four covid plague vaccinations in all plus flu vax last month for us both. Well done on the quilting and crocheting, even when you weren't feeling too chipper!

Lin said...

I suspect that we are all going to get it at some point regardless of vaccinations. 4th booster still only for over 75's here!
Your throws look lovely, beautiful quilting design and the crochet is coming along nicely. xx

kiwikid said...

Sorry to hear you had covid but good to hear you are feeling better. There seems to be so much of it around at present, plus the flu. Your throws look wonderful and the crochet has grown.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I'm glad you are feeling better than you were... I need to get my 4th booster, keep forgetting... I love your whole cloth quilts, so pretty! xx

Raewyn said...

Sorry to hear you've been crook but pleased you are on your feet again. Your whole cloth quilts came up really well with the couching and are a great idea for throws. Your crochet blanket is very pretty.

loulee said...

Great that you are feeling better.
Your quilts look fantastic.

WoolenSails said...

I love the quilting on your quilt, really nice pattern. Your throw is beautiful, fun colors.
Glad you are feeling better, seems a lot of people with boosters are getting covid now.

Debbie

Karen S said...

sorry you ended up with ht e darned covid. As you say, there is so much around. I am just wondering when we will be hit. I am pleased you are recovering well.
Lovely to see the quilts being completed, too.
Yes, smart to work on crochet that is not too complex.
Hope you are back to bouncing around very soon.

Jane said...

glad you are feeling better. Love the two quilts, what a great way to create them

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona sorry that you haven’t been well ,I think everyone at one stage will catch it ,hope you are all recovered from it now .
Lovely work you have been doing well done my friend πŸ’•πŸ€πŸ’•

Susan said...

very behind in my blog reading - LOVE that crochet

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>