Thursday, January 3, 2013

first swap of the year..... some links... some plans... some panic

Sue found she had two calenders.... and I had a Homespun Diary that was too big for my needs....

so we did a swap.....

look at my lovely planning calender... 


this will be perfect for sorting the birthdays in Wendy's  Birthday Love Stash 2013


which I have already added to with my needlecases
little mini tutorial for these HERE


and sort out the projects for this years Stitch-A-Long

I'm stitching with friends

I would like to do both of January's projects and while I wait for my Red Home book to arrive I have got together a 'kit' for shoe bags 



and plan what I want to get done with my UFO's in Sew It's Finished.....

Finishing up those projects

I have started making my list.....

first up will be finishing of the memory quilt for Chris as his mum and dad are visiting us at the end of January and I would like to hand deliver it


and this cushion which is for a swap due end of January


I will also mark down Cheryll's  Friday Night With Friends....
first one tommorrow 
... sign ups are HERE....

Everyone is WelcoMe

I'll be working on one of my Crabapple Tea Time stitcheries



My new calender is great - and it includes patterns... I would like to add to doing each months quilt... but I think that would be punching above my weight.... (which by the way is a pretty mean punch!)


... and you never know... 

.... there might be a swap or two to add in the calender?.....

Cheryll also sent me a lovely little diary... perfect for what I need.... this one I put in my bag ...
(ooops... upside down... so can you just stand on your head for this one - thanks)


Thanks Sue and Cheryll... and all you lovely gals who do these wonderful fun blog activities.....

Righto, Gotto Go... this may give you the illusion that I am organised.... but it's panic stations really!!!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

man oh man i thought i was going to be busy,good luck with getting Chris's quilt finished,that is such a special thing to do Fiona,that will be so special for them.xx

Susan said...

Such a cute Shoe bag. I'm sure you'll get Chris's quilt done - a truly wonderful project.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

You are busy and I have every confidence in you that you will get it all done :o) hugs

Sheila said...

Sounds like you are super woman too , a busy but fun year ahead :-) hugs Sheila

Anita said...

Crickey!!! 2013 has just begun and you're into it!!!! Go girl! lol.
Cheers, Anita.

Melody said...

You are really going to be busy this year. I think a strong drink is a good idea - I'll have a Pimms and lemonade.

Susan said...

It's always good to start with a plan. Good luck!

Jeanette said...

I was so tempted to sign up for the stitch a long but i have myself a big long list of thins i want to achieve this year so figured i'd better not commit to anything more than i already have. Have fun. Hugs,xx.

Quilt Kitty said...

You are way ahead of things I think seeing it is only 3rd January. I'm the same, no matter what I do I still feel that little bit of fear & doubt I am forgetting something or not ready. Lovely small projects for January! Tracee xx

Sue said...

You are so organised, must be that new calendar!

marina said...

wow you have hit the ground running!
lots of lovely projects to keep you out of trouble.

Mistea said...

Looks like you are off to a flying start in the creative space this year.

Nice projects to keep you motivated and love the new calendar.

Enjoy motoring along.

Jennifer said...

Oh my.....and we are only into day three of the year! You are going to be busy.

Chookyblue...... said...

getting organised.....big plans.......welcome to the SAL 2013....

Jane said...

Oh, you are so organised! I love the idea of a calender specifically for stitching projects

Sunnybec said...

Oh for goodness sakes, please do a tutorial on how you get so organised!! I am exhausted just reading this! I am going to have to use you for inspiration and give my butt a good kick! Hugs x

Katherine said...

You will be very busy. I am looking forward to seeing chris's quilt and I also love the look of th crabapple stitcheries. Could be some of the china I love to collect lol. The cushion looks great and those shoe bags will come in handy too.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gee I need a good lie down just reading your list. Loving seeing your beautiful quilt in pride of place on your header.
Hugs x

Elyte said...

You have a great selection of projects. Enjoy them all. Who is the designer for the birdsong appliqué? I really like this one.
Forgot to mention that I enjoyed seeing all your little gingerbread men pop up all over blogland.

Grethe said...

Love reading about all you projects; yes,you too will be busy:)) Love your BG header!

Karen said...

I couldn't manage with out my calendar. There is so much information on it and it really helps me keep track of what is happening. And it sure looks like you have lots planned. Good luck!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Look at you......lots happening and planned...well done...

Unknown said...

You do such beautiful work, I especially love your stitchery. Love that cushion I wish it was for me lol.

Joy McD said...

Sounds pretty organized to me!!! I am still working on my looooooong list, lol! We can do this, right?! Right!
lv,
Joy xxx

Joy McD said...

Sounds pretty organized to me!!! I am still working on my looooooong list, lol! We can do this, right?! Right!
lv,
Joy xxx

Deb R said...

Ive signed up too, now to find some time and my SKOW book.
I love this bag, gorgeous!

Sisbabestitches said...

If it is above your weight it must be prize fighter division. Lovely (lots) of plans, enjoy your sewing, organising and maybe a bit less of the panicking, lol

Sue SA said...

DH buys me a quilt calender each year so I have lots of free patterns, but I am ashamed to say I have never made one of them! Still I enjoy going back and looking at them all! Impressed with your plans for the year, I feel exhausted just considering my to do list!

Sue said...

Fiona, I was admiring your lovely needle cases when I left my last comment, so I was absolutely gobsmacked/jumping for joy/over the moon when I opened your parcel when I picked it up from the post office this morning. Thank you so much! The diary will be put to very good use as my classroom diary, the needlecase I have filled with needles and put in my "going out for coffee hexi case" and the lovely bookmark is in the book I am reading. Thank you so much for your wonderful gifts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>