Friday, June 24, 2011

A Special Quilt....

Last week I blogged about our Crazy Pincushions made using a tutorial and idea from Kaaren of The Painted Quilt..... these have been such fun and we have had so many lovely comments....


I have also done Kaaren's cute Raggedy Friends Block of the Month quilt (in fact I am presently quilting it!)....  Kaaren is enormously generous with her designs.....


Well Kaaren is having a big health issue to work through and Allie and Friends are going to make her a quilt and is asking us lovely bloggie people's to send some blocks......

Blocks are only 6 1/2 " and in Dark Red and Beige Taupe.... Allie has a tutorial for us HERE...... and with other details.....

Allie even has a special button - like this on the top left of my page - click on that and you go straight to the tutorial....


and on the next post is a lovely recipe for Cheesecake.... just in case you need a snack whilst you are sewing your block......

Right... I'm off to dig through my Reds and Taupe's...... it's not often I can help an overseas friend.....

12 comments:

Maria said...

I am on my laptop in the sewing room stitching Kaarens block.

Sheila said...

I have just gone to Allie's blog and told her I would be more than happy to make a block for Kaaren , she has been so very generous to all of us . Thanks for letting me know . hugs Sheila

Cyndi said...

I don't know Kaaren, but I have seen all the lovely things that she has generously shared with all of my blog buddies. And I think it only fitting that we as a blogging community step up when someone is in need. I'm going to be making a block, also. Thank you for helping to spread the word, Fiona!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Allie said...

Bless you sweetie thank you - oh that little pincushion is a feast for the eyes!

Sue said...

I reckon Kaaren's quilt might end up pretty big. She has so many blogging friends. My block was posted to Allie yesterday.

Serenata said...

What a lovely thoughtful thing to do.

marina said...

thanks for giving the heads up. I love to visit Kaaren's blog and have notified Allie that I would love to make a block.

Grethe said...

Love following you blog from time to time!! Great pincushion:-)

Cheryll said...

It was nice to catch up again Fiona. Loved reading thru your recent posts. :)

Love Bears All Things said...

Love the pin cushion.
Mama Bear

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh, my I need to do this but I am afraid to commit. Finishing up my Raggedy quilt is next on my list too! I have a few more pieces to stitch. Mine is all in blues. I know seeing them will bless her so I was thinking today that I need to get it done!

rosie said...

Fiona, loving all those pincushions.. Thankyou for the note about Kaaren. I have popped over to Allies to lend my support. You have been very busy this past week, I had so much reading to catch up on!! Take care..xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>