Friday, June 3, 2011

Last months block swaps ..........

This swap is proving a lot of fun... and I am learning to make new blocks, try out different colours and at the same time collecting blocks for myself.....

These are the blocks I made and received last month:

A log cabin in Christmas colours for Cheryl .............


Any block in blue and yellow for Sylvia (as you see I chose a Dresden plate)


Card trick in 4 colours on a white background for Bobby .........


In return I received this Wonky Square  in I Spy fabrics from Sylvia (no blog) ....


and also this one from Bobbie.... and what was wonderful we were able to meet up ......

If you fancy making and receiving blocks the Christmas Block Swap is hosted by Crafty Pug HERE
(Crafty Pug may take a while to answer due to the magnificent arrival of a little she puglet)

and the 12" blocks is hosted by Sue HERE - there are two different groups and Sue is off on holiday and Alex can be contacted HERE.....

there is also a 6" swap
I have learnt lots of blocks I never had heard of - let alone made

I find these great swaps well organised and plenty of time given to get your block done and if you need a break that's ok too....

All my Wonky Blocks are shown HERE and my Christmas Trees HERE - I am finding my blog a useful information journal for myself.... do you do that??

17 comments:

Barb said...

Fun blocks!

Sheila said...

Great blocks Fiona , I have your block all set to mail and will get that out this evening if possible as there is a mail strike looming :-(hugs Sheila

marina said...

all the blocks are gorgeous. I am not quite game to commit to a block swap yet. Very clever having different tabs for the different blocks.
Clever you!

rosie said...

Just lovely blocks Fiona. I would stress about getting them finished, so I really admire you.I too use my blog as a diary, recording what happened in my year. Particulary this year when Max was born. He will be able to read it and know what we were all feeling.... Have a great day..

Kim B said...

Love that log cabin block and then the one from bobbie are my favorites but all are just wonderful. You are one busy lady!!! No pictures of the meet up? Have a great day! Hugs, Kim

Love Bears All Things said...

I like them, especially the log cabin and the crazy quilt blocks.
Mama bear

Allie said...

GREAT blocks Fiona! What fun you're having! Yes, I too use my blog as a memory keeper - heaven knows I need one, lol.

Anonymous said...

what lovely blocks made and received Fiona,well done

Maria said...

All the blocks a re gorgeous Fiona.
What fun to meet up with one of the swappers.

Serenata said...

My favourite is the card tricks. They are all really lovely blocks though Fiona.

Susan said...

Love the Christmas log cabin with its cute fussy cut tree!

Chrissie said...

Lovely blocks, my favourite is the christmas log cabin

Mosaic Magpie said...

Great blocks and the wonky blocks are fun! The blog is a great way to journal. I am hoping this comment goes through.
Deb

Sue said...

All the blocks you received and gave are fabulous. I'm rather partial to log cabins and I think the one you made with the Christmas centre is fabulous!

Unknown said...

That card trick one is very cool! This looks like so much fun!

Narelle said...

The kittie is cute and I love the log cabin you did.

Wonky Girl said...

Love the log cabin block, I have never made one. Really especially like eye spy fabrics, cute way to use them.
My blog was started as more of a journal. Wasn't sure how else to start it.
One day I'll join you in the Tuesday Treasure. I do have some special things to share.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>