Friday, April 28, 2023

End of April....

Already 1/3rd of the year is gone..... April whizzed past but I did get a finish... this little 'Pockets to Go" bag/box/thingamajig....


I have been focussing on my Field Journal embroideries... they are a nice thing to take to Embroidery Guild


... and I have worked on a couple more blocks for Gossip in the Garden..... trying to do some reasonable progress each month 


Both of these blocks are needle-turned and then a bit of embroidery for the words and stems...


On Wednesday I had a friend around with her sewing machine and these little blocks were done.... 12 pieces each and only 4 1/2" so a little bit fiddly......  I need to sew some together and attach them to another block which I will do this weekend....


This little boot is part of Field Journal.... I love this thread and the colours in this one..... (I love them all truth be told)


This was a March green RSC block which I got quilted this week....


... and I stitched together Aprils purple one....


... as well as made my purple house....

I have a very limited range in purple scraps as I used a whole bunch in a quilt a while ago, but I'm happy with it....


I still have my little purple buttons to do.... they just have to wait... In a couple of days we will have a new colour - I hope I won't be trying to do a mad dash late in the month again.

Righto, Gotto Go..... Soup for supper....


14 comments:

Maria said...

You have keep busy making the cute sewing basket, lovely FG blocks ( the little boot is my favourite) added a few Gossip in the Garden 🪴 blocks, then working on the wee stars and completing the purple RSC blocks.
Have fun working on your projects for May.

Susan said...

love the purple house - you could have asked me . , .I seem to have a plentiful supply of purple...funny that!

Keen to know the next colour...even though I'm behind on my purple ones....
busy weekend ahead for me
the Field Journal blocks are so pretty - love CGThreads.

Karen's Korner said...

Another busy and productive month for you. Love the thingamajig....pretty and practical.

Jeanette said...

I have plenty of purple i could've shared with you. :) The projects are all lovely. Cute little basket. I bought that pattern years ago to make but decided it wasn't for me. lol

Julie said...

You sure do achieve heaps Fiona. I love the Tilda's ... also really love that little boot. Is that Cottage Garden thread? It looks like it. xx

Jennifer said...

Pretty embroidery, Fiona.....I don't have much purple, it's not a colour I use very often, but green and yellow are a different story!

Jindi's Cottage said...

April may have whizzed by but you sure have achieved a lot of progress...all lovely projects...

Lin said...

Your little basket looks great. Love all the blocks and the quilting on the green one is fun. Gossip is coming along nicely. xx

Chantal said...

I love all your projects. You did a great job on the little basket. It holds so well. I wonder what those little 4.5" stars will become. Hmmm! Is it a new project? The quilting in the green star is perfect. Lots of people would love to live in your little purple house. Enjoy! Orange is next. ;^)

Pink Rose said...

Beautiful work my friend,well done 🌹🤍🌹

Jane said...

love the basket :) lovely seeing all your blocks being quilted

Janice said...

Your Pocket To Go will be really handy, although it looks like it was a bit fiddly to make. Gossip in the Garden is looking beautiful. Love your fabric choices. Glad to see you are keeping up with RSC. Have fun with Orange.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gossip is looking great! Love your CGT blocks too....the boot is extra cute. I don't have much purple either....looking good though xx

Karen S said...

The FJ blocks are always so lovely. And good to see you keeping up with your colour blocks. Lovely work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>