Wednesday, April 5, 2023

April begins.....


One quarter of the way through the year already..... and finally it feels like Autumn has begun.  I have to say I feel a bit cheated that March was so unusually summery....

I ordered a large metreage of 'oregano' coloured linen cotton blend for my Sashiko style project.  I have a large amount of these threads (from south america hand dyed by a community project - made really for weaving but I am using them for this project).  Although I am using a Sashiko book I say it will be that Style as I am not going traditional as you can see.  Each block is only 4" so they will be rather fun to do.....  

This is as far as I have got so far... chose 7 colours to use.... now it's packed away for when I need some hand sewing....


I got a little kit at a destash for $5 so I made it up.....


Not very big, a bit fiddly to do.... 


... not sure how useful it will be.... could fit into the bottom of a bag when I to sewing....


This is the little pattern that came with it....


I have done a bit more of my Civil War Bride side borders..... there is still lots of leaves, some butterflies and flowers to add.....


One more pair of mini Hexagons stitched for Field Journal.....


There has been delays in getting the last couple of stitcheries and threads (still waiting for January and February) and I still have a bit of catch up to do but I have started thinking about finishing it up...

The BOM comes with 6" squares of Liberty lawn and although I do think the pattern is very pretty I have decided to go more low volume.  I had a bunch of fabrics waiting in my stash for use and yesterday I bought 3 more colours to add to it.  This is my final choices.


Again... kitted up and put away for another day but I do like a plan....

Family is visiting from Victoria over Easter school holidays (which involves some beach time) so I will be taking a bit of time out from blogging ....  doubt I will get much sewing done to show anyway....  

Have a lovely Easter holiday.....

Righto, Gotto Go.... spare beds to make up....

Hugz


17 comments:

Chantal said...

I love your new basket. The colours are so pretty. Would it fit in the car? Maybe? As always, your FJ stitcheries amaze me. Enjoy the holiday with the family! ;^)

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona oh how exciting Micheal is coming up with the boys ,lots of fun to be had for you all. Wow I just love the projects you do ,you are so productive,a good idea to put kits together for when you have time to work on them ,I can spend half a day just picking fabric lol. Happy Easter Fiona and Dave and family 🐥🐣🐰

Raewyn said...

How lovely that you will have family visiting over Easter - I hope you've stocked up on chocolate! Great idea to make decisions and put together kits when you are inspired - the kits will be so easy to pick up and carry on with when you have a spare moment or two. I'll be interested to see what you do with the FJ blocks; those are lovely fabrics you have chosen.

Lin said...

Looking forward to seeing your sashiko project progress. I made a little basket like that - handy for sewing machine bits and bobs as it sits under the arm of the machine when I am not using it. Like the zippy side pocket and for 5$ not to be sniffed at! CWB borders coming along nicely. Have a lovely Easter with family - we have everyone coming for lunch on Sunday and it even promises to be a sunny day! xx

Barwitzki said...

I wish you and your family happy Easter holidays. beach sounds so good...
Your embroidery is fantastic, I like it a lot.
I look forward to when you are back Fiona.
Hug Viola

loulee said...

No harm in planning ahead. Cute wee baggie. Enjoy the family time, it is precious.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's a sweet little bag for storing your bits n bobs. Looking forward to seeing your sashiko project. Have a lovely Easter weekend x

Susan said...

Have a wonderful family time
I like being "prepped" and "Kitted" too

I also felt very cheated by the summer of March.

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful threads, can't wait to see what you make. That is a nice little storage basket, and a nice idea for gifts or swaps. Enjoyed seeing all your projects, I have been going through unfinished projects to get ready to put things together and get ready for quilting.

Debbie

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely threads...looking forward to seeing your progress. Love your CWB borders so far. Neat little work box. Have a wonderful time at the beach with your family xx

Jane said...

love that collection of fabrics. Enjoy your family time

kiwikid said...

Lovely fabrics and projects ready to go Fiona. Have a wonderful time with the family over Easter.

Karen's Korner said...

Enjoy your family Easter and you are all ready to go with your sewing projects when time permits.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Gosh, I do like to see what you are stitching! It is always interesting to me as it all appeals to me. I looked up the Field Journal embroideries...so wonderful and yours are turning out so beautiful. Enjoy your family time now!

Ondrea said...

Have fun with your family. The Sashiko project things look lovely and I am looking forward to seeing the project you have in mind. Love your selection of fabrics. Those hexie flutterbys are so sweet. The applique is gorgeous . You are so productive. Can you send me some of your energy and mojo please.

Cheryll said...

Lots of projects on the go... but that's what makes us happy isn't it.
Hope you had a wonderful Easter...xox

Karen S said...

I hope you are having a lovely time with your visiting family. Easter was very cold here.
Good to see you getting projects organised.

I like the finish on the side panels. They look lovely.
And your fabric collection looks good, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>