Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Splendid Sampler

In 2016 Designers from all over the world generously shared a free block a week - 6" blocks with different techniques.  I sewed along with a couple of other friends and it became our Tuesday project.

I took out a bunch of pastels from my scraps and stash and purchased some pale pink which would be suitable for sashing....




The top was finished in 2017 and then I used up lots of the leftover fabrics to make up the backing....




December 2021 I custom quilted it....


So many different ideas and techniques....


Really generous of all the designers....


I totally love samplers like this....




I have finally sewn down the binding and have it finished..... 


I believe the blocks were made into a pattern book .. and there was a 2nd version of Splendid Sampler also available as a book.  Not sure if either of these are still available.




Thank you to all the designers that made this possible..... I really love samplers, especially when they are in smaller blocks...


There are heaps of progress pictures with more detail of some of the blocks going through my posts HERE (just as a reference)

18 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

WOW. Girl, you made every block shine in your beautiful quilt!! I love it. Congratulations on a stunning result for all your labour. :-)

Jennifer said...

Well done on a fabulous finish!

Maria said...

A fabulous finish. Love the pink and pastels in your Splendid Sampler.

Lin said...

Good to see this finally finished and looking very 'splendid'!xx

loulee said...

Wow, a beautiful version of this pattern and I love the pieced backing.

Karen's Korner said...

Fabulous.

Jeanette said...

Stunning quilt.

Chantal said...

This is gorgeous! I wasn't in Blogland back then, so I'll have to search your archives to see each block as they look wonderful. The backing is so rich too, love how you spread pink here and there. Congratulations on this great finish. ;^)

kiwikid said...

Great finish Fiona, it is stunning.

Chrissie said...

Such a beautiful quilt, so many techniques and variations, love the shades too, an heirloom quilt certainly xcx

ButterZ said...

I loved this quilt. I have done about half the blocks back when they came out but haven’t done any since. I moved towns halfway through the year and never got back into it.

Susan said...

You did a wonderful job!

Susan said...

A stunning quilt Fiona

marina said...

absolutely gorgeous!! well done, Love it.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Wow! It is just beautiful!!! There is so much to look at, it's like a treasure quilt with so many different blocks and techniques! This is definitely a quilt to be passsed down to the next generations!! xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous! I loved that quilters ftom all over the world come together to make their versions....it was indeed a Splendid Sampler xx

Julie said...

This is absolutely stunning Fiona ... LOVE every single block & love the fabrics & the custom quilting!!! Gorgeous 💗💓💗

Chookyblue...... said...

It's gorgeous......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>