Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Moving Along.....

I made myself a new washcloth....  this one is a bit bigger than usual and is made in scrubby yarn.  


Some more stitching for Field Journal has been happening.....


One with a bit of applique and another hexagon...  I like how the rose was done in buttonhole/blanket stitching... gives a nice effect...


My Christmas Fairy wallhanging is all done now.... binding and hanging sleeve included....

Chloe's Christmas is a pattern by Annie Downs....  I was given a kit which I love and therefore didn't need to choose fabrics etc...


I wonder if I will bother to decorate this Christmas???? hmmmm

My half hexagons Urban City quilt top is done now.... I am very happy with the blue border


... and I have selected a backing for it....


Not sure when I will actually do the quilting but I do feel a great sense of achievement.  this whole top was hand sewn and I will NEVER EVER do an EPP top again..... ok... NEVER EVER.....

Righto, Gotto Go.... always something to be done isn't there...  have a wonderful rest of the week...x




14 comments:

Jeanette said...

Pretty stitched hexagon. The Christmas hanging is very cute & urban city looks good

Lin said...

Haha - EPP not your favourite then! Nice to see the top finished though and it is going to look amazing once it is quilted. I love the Christmas panel. I am so looking forward to getting my Christmas decs out this year. Pretty FJ and yes, the rose is very effective. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I love that urban city quilt......

Jennifer said...

I'm with you on EPP....but you have done a great job! Loving the pretty embroideries. I haven't decorated much for the past few Christmases.

loulee said...

Your finished quilt and top look lovely. Your field pieces as always are beautiful.
Never say never! LOL

Julie said...

Everything is just beautiful Fiona!! I always drool over your posts.💗 I have some of that scrubbie yarn ... mine came with a free pattern for small pot-sized scrubbies that are round. Love your Christmas kit wallhanging. Yes there sure IS always something to be done!

Karen's Korner said...

More gorgeous FJ stitcheries. Well done on ploughing on with your EPP and getting it to a flimsy.

Chantal said...

I have a few questions for you, please. Love your washcloth. How sore were your fingers when you finished it? I mean the yarn has to pass through your fingers over and over, so? It really looks rough.
I'm so in love with your FJ blocks. Congrats on getting your Christmas wall hanging done. I love it. So whimsical! I too am very happy with the blue border on your Urban City. It's AWEsome! Never say never! Just for that, you will make another one. Haha. ;^)

Susan said...

Love the Anni Christmas one and I can sense the relief at finishing the EPP...it's a great hand project, but probably not my favourite either.

Maria said...

Okay I hear you ,NEVER EVER . Hmmm! But Urban City is gorgeous,perfect border and backing. Look forward to see how you quilt it.
Lovely FJ blocks and a useful dish cloth …

marina said...

beautiful stitcheries and your epp is amazing.
Never say Never!! lol

Helen said...

Always so many beautiful projects to see on your blog Fiona....
I really love those field journal stitcheries..... gorgeous....
No christmas decorating..... never say that.....lol
It is terrific to finish an EPP project but it is a very long journey to get to the finish....

Karen S said...

Love those field journal blocks again. Every one of them is gorgeous.
Your Urban City quilt top is wonderful. So good to see it completed. That is such a lot of work!

Janice said...

I’m sure you will at least hang your new hanging at Christmas. More cute field journal blocks and we’ll see if you listen to your self re EPP. Either way, this one was worth the effort.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>