Sunday, August 28, 2022

Spoke too soon!


Having finished the big half hexagon Urban City quilt top, made it's binding and found a backing - it's now put away for another day....


and vowing never to do another EPP project someone posted their pies and tarts quilt and I remembered a box ......

I won a starter pack some time ago  ... lots of pieces already cut out and basted, plenty of templates and even quite a few bases to applique the pies onto...


I have a lovely range of reproduction pieces to add to this - at least it is not all EPP - there is also applique and machine piecing... so this will be my main pick up and go project for a while...

My crazy dots quilt is all put together now....


and I got some green to use as binding.... it's all ready with it.... haven't sorted a backing yet...


I did a bit of mini quilting this week....


And have done 17 sections of 97 sections for Elephant Abstraction by Violet Craft... one I've been wanting to do for ages...

It is all Foundation Paper Piecing - lots of preparatory work, lots of pieces all over the place, lots of mess, lots of pressing, lots of removing papers....

But I was having so much fun ......  this is the elephant trunk .... you can see it is beginning to turn at the end so you don't see the snout yet.  This part is 1.4m long .


I would like to get the next section at least prepared this week... it will be a slow project since I can't keep to one thing at a time and this one needs me to concentrate.  I already had to throw 2 made sections away as I had cut them on the wrong line!

Righto, Gotto Go.... time for a cuppa..... hope you are having a relaxing weekend.... xx


15 comments:

Jeanette said...

The dotty quilt is lovely. Now i'm seeing spots again Lol. The elephant trunk looks good. Sounds like it will be big quilt. Have fun with pies & tarts.

Chantal said...

Yup. Never say never! It sure didn't take you long to find another EPP to do. Love the mini quilting. Lovely stitches and I love the quilting on the border. I can totally see the elephant's trunk. Not sure what those teeth are on top but the trunk is perfect. I can only imagine the mess such a quilt demands. Enjoy! ;^)

Julie said...

Oh I LoVe that elephants trunk Fiona!! Just wonderful. You sure do churn out some work - especially all that EPP which (to me) takes ages. Pies & tarts?? What a cool name. xx

Ondrea said...

You never cease to amaze me how many projects you get done. Looove the dot quilt. Great idea using spotty fabrics this way. Looking forward to seeing your Pies progress. So many lovely projects.

Jennifer said...

Ah yes - never say never, Fiona! Foundation piecing is tedious, but you can't beat it for good sharp results. I like your spotty dotty quilt, it's a good quilt for a bloke.

simplestitches said...

you have been so busy again...I'll just shrink back here in the corner, nothing much happening on my end (too much work, new job).
I am looking forward to seeing how your elephant quilt comes together, I have an elephant fan in my house who has an 0 birthday coming up....may have to surprise her!

Maria said...

Haha ! Chantal is right, never say never !👎
Been awhile since the Pies and Tarts were out…
Great backing for Urban City and hope you don’t do a dotty one for the dots ?
Nice quilting you’ve done…

Lin said...

Your new EPP project (haha) looks great - love the fabrics. Spotty looks great and I am looking forward to seeing your elephant come to life although I suspect it is not going to be a quick finish! Have fun. xx

Jane said...

looks like a fun project. I'm playing with foundation paper piecing and string blocks at the moment, very messy

loulee said...

That elephants trunk looks amazing.

Karen's Korner said...

Funny how we all weaken when tempted. That elephant trunk is amazing. Love crazy spots....very effective.

Joy McD said...

Wow, you’ve been super busy! Love that you always have a variety of projects on the go!xx

Karen S said...

I dread to think how many projects we have tucked away in boxes. I am impressed that you remembered yours AND have taken it out to work on.
A good finish of the crazy dots and I really like the colour of the binding.

kiwikid said...

You have been a busy beaver, we all learn to never say never!! The elephant trunk looks stunning.

Janice said...

That little lot should keep you amused for a while. The elephant will be stunning and Pies and Tarts is such a lovely quilt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>