Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Churn Dash SAL update ....

Earlier this month 9 more Churn Dashes were completed for Chooky's Churn Dash SAL....  

I had to change the pink for these blocks as I had run out...


You can see here a very slight change.. they are a little lighter so I kept them as a group in the middle....


And here is the top all together..... 

I am pushing ahead on this one as we will be spending time with family when the SAL finishes.... I know there is no pressure but I don't really want to end up with yet another UFO 


I bought enough of the new pink to make a binding...


and my new doona cover from the Swedish shop has been cut in half... it's just perfect.  The pink and green in there are a great match for the front....  and I love it...


It's loaded up and quilting has begun.... I am doing an all over meandering ribbon... keep it nice and soft


Meanwhile handwork has resulted in another block for Civil War Bride... I have really cooled down doing this and need to do more preparation.


I did make an adaption in this one.. there was a rope in the hands of the man and the elephant was tied to it.... left that out.  

Righto, Gotto Go... I have some Churn Dashes to quilt.....

Looking forward to seeing other versions...


13 comments:

Nancy said...

Good for you to plan ahead since you'll be away at the end of the sew-along!
I looked hard but could not see a difference in the pink fabrics. The difference is very subtle.
What an amazing quilt! I like how you reversed the pink and the grey from one block to the next.
That was thoughtful of you to leave out the rope around the elephant's neck. Be kind to elephants, I say. I like this block a lot, too. Lots of detail to applique.
I hope you have fun while you're away at the end of September.

Lin said...

You have made great progress there - and the top looks stunning. The counterchange has worked really well. Lovely block, how about a bit of couching for the rope? xx

Jeanette said...

Love your churn dash quilt. It's very pretty. Love the CWB block & it nice that you left the rope off the elephant. Must remember to do that when i get my blocks made.

Jennifer said...

That's the perfect backing, Fiona! An applique elephant would not like to be on the end of a rope.

Janice said...

My goodness! It’s even getting quilted straight away and not going in the pile! Great work. Well done on completing a Civil War Bride block.

Maria said...

WOW! Well done with your Churn Dash blocks. Looks lovely and I can't see the difference in the fabrics. Great pick up from the Swedish shop for the backing.
Nice applique blocks ..

loulee said...

Such a pretty girly quilt. Lovely back too.

Cheryll said...

Your Churn Dash flimsy looks wonderful...NiCe job Fiona...xox

kiwikid said...

Lovely quilt top Fiona and the backing is perfect. Great Civil War bride block and I am too pleased to see the rope left off.

WoolenSails said...

Catching up on posts and I see you have been busy with more beautiful projects. I do love the civil war block, those types are my favorite.

Debbie

Pink Rose said...

Wow your quilt is stunning Fiona the colours are so pretty,well done on your beautiful work 💕🤍💕

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Fiona,
you are doing great with your churn dash blocks, better to say top. You are so far, almost finished. Love the Civil War Bride block too. I will be starting this quilt next year. Have a lot of Civil War fabric left over from DJ BOM top.

Chookyblue...... said...

of your doing great with your blocks......and onto the quilting.....the pink binding will suit great....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>