Tuesday, October 29, 2019

More Christmas....



These panels were given to me some time ago and I had them pinned waiting for attention for a while...





I did some basic quilting around the edges of the design and some wriggly lines on the backing.





Pulled out my trusty overlocker and joined the sides... (no lining)




some binding and hanging loop on the end and they were done.... 



Included in the panel was a little door hanger to be made too.... and I found just the right coloured tassle to go on the end....




Great to have something that has been 'pending' for a while completed....

I also have a quilt finish now that the binding and label are done ... my darling little hedgehogs is now completed

(this is a sweet pattern by Melly and Me)


It's own special label was stitched.


You can see a bit of the quilting here... I went around the applique then some swirls in the open area and a fun loopy border.

I was thrilled that I had found the fabric for the backing at a sale... the colours are just right


Sheets were ordered to go on the bed... don't they match just perfectly?


Last week I jumped the queue (to be fair I was waiting on hearing back from someone and needed something smallish to keep me occupied) and did a bit more of my own quilting.... also for Christmas....






Righto, Gotto Go... that coffee is calling.... and a quilt needs pinning 


Have a lovely week....



16 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

You have been busy. Love those hedgehogs...soooo cute.

Jennifer said...

That's a really cute quilt! Not Christmas, noooooo......far too early.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

The panel came up,really well. I do love your cute hedgies....exciting!
Good for you for jumping the queue x

Maria said...

Great stockings and door hanger you made with the panel..
Love the Hedgehogs Quilt with perfect backing and matching sheets...
Pleased you jumped the queue for yourself...

Raewyn said...

Your hedgehogs quilt is gorgeous - your GD will love it I'm sure!! The Christmas stockings are lovely too - they sound so simple to whip up and very worth it. I think as the quilter you have every right to queue hop from time to time!

Pink Rose said...

Good morning my lovely friend,wow you sure have been busy.
Love those Xmas stocking,such a lovely panel. And boy your little munchkin is going to feel so special her quilt is gorgeous,well done Fiona on all your beautiful work xx

Chantal said...

Love your little Christmas articles. It's fun to have an "oldie" dealt with. You have more room to bring in something new. Wink!
Love the hedgehogs. So adorable! Congratulations on darling finishes. ;^)

WoolenSails said...

I love your stockings, they are so fun and a cute idea with prints.
The quilt is beautiful too, always enjoy seeing your work.

Debbie

Kathleen said...

I admire your quilting. The feathers look so smooth and even!

Jane said...

The hedgehogs are beautiful. I love the label

Lin said...

Two great stockings and the hanger a is good too. Beautiful finish on the hedgehogs, such a great design. xx

Karen S said...

Great work with the stockings. They look lovely with your special touch with the quilting. I need to hunt out a couple of panels and do the same. Good to have a nudge from you.
I love the end result with the hedgehog quilt. It is so adorable. And matching sheets make it extra special. Just wait til she she gets to see it!!!!!

Louise said...

Having the overlock really speeds things up! Making linings for stockings is tedious. And oh, your hedgies are just so sweet and all the matching items so lovely :)

kiwikid said...

The stockings look amazing Fiona, love the hedgehogs! Good to read you have fitted in your own quilting.

Allie said...

Darling stockings and door hanger, and that quilt is incredible!! Love love love it!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

The stockings are soooo cute!! Well done with getting them finished :) xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>