Saturday, October 5, 2019

FNWF....

Thanks Chez for hosting FNWF... and welcome back from your holiday.....  

I was lucky enough to double date with the Friday night girls at The Quilters Angel...

… where snacks were provided!

I have 8 blocks the same to do for a quilt (Les Courtiers) .... long term project which is taking longer than planned due to procrastination and poor attention!


Today I have prepped up another 4 blocks for Bloom.....


This is the 12 I have prepped up together... they will have sashings…. eventually!


 The shop is open when we are there on Friday night and I noticed some blue/green batik fabric.  I like to choose in natural light so I went back today with my blocks


This will be my sashing and corner triangles for my sisters blocks.

I am probably breaking all the rules having a combination of ethnic themed African prints, soft Tilda fabric (backgrounds) and batik fabric... and a bit of plain homespun for the faces and hands.

But I like the combination and different visual textures they give...


After popping in to get my fabric we went off to a hardware store and bought a bunch of timber stuff.... (see my hints about the shadehouse/fernery worked!!)
 


Whilst Hubby was working out where what was to go, a magpie who has befriended him came along and sung to him...  this one often comes to wherever he is working hoping he will dig up some yummy worms....


This is the area he is working on today.... I'll take a picture again later.... magpie has jumped up on the wall - he didn't seem to like the noise of the drill!!


Righto, Gotto Go...….. I think I am needed to hold the wood out there!

Hope you have a lovely weekend…...

20 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love your border choice for Sisters! Lovely to have a double dip at FNWF. I love Maggies even though they get a bad rap at nesting time. Dave is working very hard x

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Loving your bloom blocks! They look amazing all next to each other! xx

Cheryll said...

LoVe the "sisters" & Bloom blocks...& I adore the supervisor hubby has on his work site... xox

Maria said...

Great to have a double date on Friday. Nice to sit and do some stitching on your Les Courtiers..
Your garden of Blooms are growing beautifully.
Perfect sashing for your Sisters..
Your new area in the garden will look lovely.

Chantal said...

From the first picture, I believe there's too many bonbons in that plate. You need to pass it around. (Like in my direction, lol) Love your Bloom blocks. So peaceful. Don't worry about mixing the different type of fabric for Sisters. I think it just shows how each sister around the world has a different style, method of printing fabrics, evolution of techniques, etc. Looking forward to see this one completed. Enjoy! ;^)

Radka said...

Lovely blocks, it will be such a pretty quilt :-)
xx

kiwikid said...

Great Friday night for you. Your bloom blocks are beautiful. I love the batik you have chosen, the fabrics will all look wonderful together, and it is International Sisters after all. Dave is working hard outside, good he has a companion. I had to hold timber for hubby to cut yesterday too!!

retdairyqueen said...

I don't think there are any rules in patchwork are there ?
Your Blooms are looking bloomin good

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona wow you sure have been busy,I love your little stitchery and your sister blocks look awesome I am tempted to have a go at them but I have other things to finish first.
Can't wait to see your new area n your pretty garden,hope you have a lovely Sunday my friend xx

Susan said...

I don;t remember reading a rule about not mixing balis, tildas, homespuns and African themed prints - and if there was a rule - it was made to be broken.
Good work by Hubz - what a motivator you are!

Terry said...

Batiks go with everything, in my opinion. And I love the one you picked out! :0)

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful work, love the stitchery with the yarn thread and the flower blocks. Love your garden area, would love to have a better garden space but the trees are getting so tall, a lot of our yard is getting shaded.

Debbie

Raewyn said...

I love the sashing fabric you have picked for your Sisters blocks. If there are rules about what fabrics we should use, then I break them every time - gladly! What you have used looks great together :-) Your bloom quilt is going to look gorgeous - such a pretty mix of colours. I hope the building went well and having to hold the timber didn't upset the flow of your sewing too much!

Karen's Korner said...

Your "sisters" are truly international. Your new garden area is taking shape nicely.

Lin said...

Gorgeous batik fabric - its going to be perfect for your sisters. Looking forward to seeing the progress on your fernery. xx

Jennifer said...

Fernery is looking great......and I like your vocal visitor! The batik fabric is a great border choice, it compliments the blocks very well.

Louise said...

How fun to have a feathered friend! And I think your combo of fabrics works really well for the sisters. Who cares what the rules are?? :D

Jeanette said...

The fabric for sisters is gorgeous. Rules are meant to be broken. :) Bloom blocks are gorgeous. How did the building go ?. Looking forward to seeing your fernery. Hugs,xx

Allie said...

Wow wow that Bloom quilt is gorgeous - love the fabrics you've picked for it! And I really love the fabrics for your sisters blocks, the batiks go SO well, Edyta Sitar mixes batiks with reproduction fabrics all the time and they blend beautifully - so why not mix them with African themed! It looks spectacular! I think the blue really makes the sisters pop, that was very well chosen.
Your fernery is just amazing. A little slice of paradise!!!!!

Karen S said...

The bloom blocks are looking lovely.
And who said there were rules about which fabrics you can use? No quilt police here.
Love seeing the maggie make a friend. Looks like a lot of work outside at your place.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>