Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Catching up.....


All the little embroidery blocks for Les Courtiers are done.... in the pattern they are backstitched and coloured in.... but I haven't got the colouring in stuff (and I don't want to start yet another obsession! hhaha)  so I just did a variety of stitches...

Happy with how they look and hope they fit in with the rest of the quilt....


I still have a lot of other blocks to make for it ….  and that will soon be on my daily machine sewing time list....

This week I have been working on catching up with some of my on-line blocks.

This is the block for Jane's sampler..... Block 11 has 11 pieces 


This is all the pieces together... just one more block and then some sashing to go 


Jane has had a series to help beginner quilters.. and she does video's for each block and they progressively have more pieces and learn new techniques.

I know I'm not a beginner quilter but I wanted to join in.  My challenge was to make the blocks half size and try and improve on my joins.

Next I worked on Garden Sunshine, which has been a free BOM from QuiltDoodleDesigns. (they are free for the month they come out)

This was Septembers block

Square and a Half

… and these two for October..... 

Indiana's Puzzle

Rising Star
These are pretty blocks and I am using my little collection of 1930's fabrics with some white Bella.

Righto, Gotto Go.... I want to play with these today....



I hope you have a lovely rest of the week.... I am going to the Brisbane Quilt and Craft Fair tomorrow …. some mischief maybe???



15 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Good morning my friend wow you sure have been busy,loving all your work,can't wait to see your sister blocks together,have fun with Michelle,bet I hear you two from down here,lol,hope you have a wonderful week Fiona xx

Chantal said...

Lovely, Fiona! Garden Sunshine is just so lovely. Looking forward to seeing this garden grow. Your stitchery is so beautiful. Enjoy the fair. Don't forget the camera! I need proof you went, lol. ;^)

Jane said...

love the little stitched pieces, they'll go perfectly with the rest of the quilt. enjoy yourself at the fair :)

Jennifer said...

Have fun tomorrow! Love your ladies, your batik fabric is a great sashing choice. Have to admit to not being a fan of the coloured-in designs, your coloured embroidery is lovely......and your blocks are very pretty!

Lin said...

Lots of lovely blocks there Fiona - enjoy your day out! xx

June's Jottings said...

What lovely blocks, Fiona. Enjoy your day out at the Quilt Show.

Maria said...

The stitched blocks look lovely. nice to catch up with Jane's blocks and also the Garden Sunshine ones..
Hope you had fun with your Sisters...

Louise said...

Those little garlands of flowers are just lovely! Such a pretty, classic shape. I feel about embroidery like you feel about the colouring in...do I really need a new craft with all it's new stash?? But I do pet the embroidery floss in the shops :)

Karen's Korner said...

You certainly have lots of gorgeous projects on the go. The more I look at your "sisters" the more I feel I need to start a "sisters" item. Enjoy the craft show. Bet you do not come home empty handed!!!!

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous projects. I'm not keen on the coloured in designs so i love the embroidery you've done. Hugs,xx

Helen said...

You are always so busy....lively projects.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful stitchery and I love all the different blocks and quilts, you have in the works.

Debbie

Raewyn said...

Have fun at the Craft Show today Fiona! What a nice feeling, catching up with the BOM blocks - they look lovely in your 30s fabrics. Woohoo nice to see your Sisters out and about!

QuiltGranma said...

Looks and sounds like you are having fun! And that is a good thing! Keep at it, and keep inspiring us to get off the computer and DO something!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

All such lovely blocks! I wonder if I will ever start Jane's sampler... let alone finish it! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>