Saturday, December 21, 2013

FNSI and other things....

This last week a few more ornies arrived in the post box....

Susan sent me this gorgeous dainty angel....


and Narelle sent this lovely card... but I'm using as an ornie...


How cute is this mini block ornie from Marilyn....


...and the sweetest tree from Christine...


... thanks ladies... I am getting a lovely scattering of ornies on my bookshelf....

I also got a lovely box of candied nuts from Kris.... no picture... sorry..... Hubz found them.....

Well, Friday evening was FNSI hosted by Wonderful Wendy..... Hubz and I had some leftovers to eat and turned on the TV to watch 20/20 Big Bash cricket....

In the sewing room I worked on some 3 1/2" blocks I had made previously....


... and turned them into rather fun stars....


... then I sat down to watch the end of the game with some hand stitching....


This Saturday morning was Hubz' hobby day and time for bottling the latest brew ... and I helped with the bottle top labeling (very important job)


... it won't be ready for drinking for a week or so but I was rewarded with a glass brewed a month ago with my toastie for lunch....


.... I have placed out the stars I made which now need sashing and 'secondary stars' to be done....


Righto, Gotto Go, nana nap required after a glass of beer then I want to work on those 'secondary stars' .....

I hope you all have a lovely weekend with not too much to do for the lead up to Christmas

25 comments:

Elyte said...

Lovely little ornaments to decorate your home. You still manage to be so productive at this busy time of year. And have time for an ale! Just the way it should be.

Narelle said...

Sweet ornament display and you have been busy.
Nice to see you enjoying the fruits (or drink) of labour.
Warm wishes :)

Anonymous said...

boy you are a busy chicky Lady Fee Fee,love all your lovely ornaments from your lovely friends,hope you have an awesome weekend.xx

debbie said...

I had to pass on the beer last night so I could actually get some sewing done...LOL...I checked out tv briefly then off it went and the BeeGees Friday night music went on. xx debbie

Melody said...

Love your starry blocks. You are so clever.

retdairyqueen said...

You are getting a nice little collection of ornies

Lyn said...

Lots of lovely goodies..and I am loving those stars you have made..mmm that looks like it was a refreshing lunch!

Sunnybec said...

Love all your ornies! Mmm home brew, be careful not to operate machinery after drinking that!! I love having a Nana nap....even though I am not a Nana!!! Hugs xxxx

Craft to Do said...

Yes home brew will put you to the land of nod very quickly.
Love the quilt top.

Susan said...

You've been busy, deserve a cold beer I think! The star blocks are looking great.

Maria said...

Your Stars are looking great.. Hope you enjoyed your Nana Nap.....

Chrissie said...

Lovely ornaments and star blocks, such a busy lady, hope you enjoy the home brew, have a lovely weekend, sounds a busy one for you

Helen said...

The star blocks look great and lots of lovely ornaments .
You have been busy enjoy your Christmas!!!

Jennifer said...

Cute little ornaments! I like that star design too, it's a little different to many other stars.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely gifts from friends....your blck is perfect and that brew...looks good...

Susan said...

Great star blocks. Cute decorations (of course) and a nice cold beer - wht else do yuou need???

Raewyn said...

What a lovely collection of ornaments. Love your star blocks, it's very different from others we see and so effective; secondary stars will be cool.

Anita said...

Love all the sweet ideas people have had with the ornaments! Cool collection you have now.
Cheers, Anita.

Wendy said...

Your star blocks are gorgeous, it will be a beautiful quilt. Love all your little ornaments too, wishing you a wonderful Christmas, hugs Wendy

Marilyn said...


The star blocks look awesome. It will be a great quilt once you have done the sashings and more stars. So pleased the ornie arrived to join the rest of your lovely collection.
Hugs xx

Lin said...

What a gorgeous Angel! Love all your ornaments. xxx

Sheila said...

Such lovely ornaments for your tree and I do love that star block . Merry Christmas to you and your family . Hugs Sheila

Pinnylea Creations said...

Love all those ornaments. Stars are pretty cool too.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great post Fiona...that brew should be nearly ready LOL!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Love the star block...did you come up with that one or does it have a name, not seen that variation before...love me a good star block...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>