Thursday, October 17, 2013

A no-sew day....

.. but that was because I went on a road trip...

in a brand new bus.... it was on it's maiden trip... I suggested on a popular social media site that I could now be classed as a maiden.... there were some frightfully rude comments! hmmmmm - social media can ruin reputations ......

... the Jacaranda's are looking stunning....


Off to the Brisbane craft show... the highlight of my day was meeting up with friends.....


Lynda, Val, Teresa, Tatyana, Sandi, Marilyn Noela, Michelle, Susan, Jane
 - new friends and old - I am so very lucky... so many lovely and inspiring women....

 ... just a bit of giggling and fun going on....


I went with the Toowoomba Quilters and as a group we got a freebie....
(it just made me giggle!)


.. here is a much better picture stolen from Teresa's blog....


 Michelle and I look a bit naughty here.... and my 'water' looks a bit dodgy to say the least!
(I like chunks of lemon .. and sometimes gin.....)
(thanks for the picture Teresa.... I love it!)



 I did do some shopping.. found backing and binding I wanted for my A4A quilt top....


... and a pattern book I might need in the future....


and some quilting related supplies to play with....


Happy hour on the way home in the bus.... (for you Teresa)



Righto, Gotto Go... I have new toys to play with.....

25 comments:

Deb R said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful day!!!!! Your excused for not sewing lol

De said...

What a wonderful day you all had!

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a fun way to spend time with friends and nice new goodies to play with.

Debbie

Marilyn said...

It was such a lovely, enjoyable day. Enjoy using your new goodies and trying out the threads. It does look like you and Michelle had been "plotting" some mischief.
Hugs xx

debbie said...

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing. xx debbie

Susan said...

Looks like it was a great day out, so much fun.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Simply wonderful day. Naughty???? Us???? Love your purchases and I am looking forward to seeing the end results of your playtime with those new threads. Thanks for a great day xx

Maria said...

Thanks for sharing those great photos of you and the bloggy friends...
Just commented to Susan that I wish I could flap my wings and fly over to join you lovely ladies..
Great backing and binding for your A4A

Susie said...

Looks like loads of fun. I love that Natalie bird pattern too. Might need to kee an eye out for that one.

Susan said...

A long day for you...but a lot of fun all round....Doodling quilting...I can see a lot of great quilting coming from you very soon.

Karen said...

Looks like a great day and of course great fun to do it with friends.

Anonymous said...

Love these pics of you all especially the one of you and MIchelle,great to see you all having fun.xx

Sunnybec said...

Hmmmmm a maiden and a groupie!!! Enough said about that me thinks! Looks like you had a fab day, hoping to do the same next year with my new group. Hugs xx

Jane said...

That fabric is perfect, time to get back to the sewing, lol

Narelle said...

Such a happy group of Groupies :o)
Your new book looks like lots of lovely projects on the agenda.

Raewyn said...

It's fun to see what you all get up to!!I've just bought the Doodle Quilting book, and the new Birdhouse one looks like a must-have too!

marina said...

Don't know how you can go from a leather clad whip cracking goddess to a maiden in just a few posts?mmmmm lol
lovely group of ladies and some great goodies to boot. looks like it was super fun!

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun day indeed!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Enjoy your new toys. It does look like you had a great day. hugs

Tatkis said...

It was lovely to meet you! Great buys :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Noela said...

A lovely catch up Fiona. Thanks for arranging it. hugs.....

Joy McD said...

Looks like a great day! And a good excuse not to sew :) By the way, love the vase Widget made in the last post! xxx

Teresa said...

It made my day to see you and I'm so glad you got up early and made the long trek down to see us. Love it when we all get together. Hmmm what was in that drink you had??? I love that photo of you and Michelle... it makes me smile every time I look at it. Love your purchases too. That quote is terrific. I slept for 13 hours last night. I think that is a record for me... must have needed it after 2 full days of catching up with friends and retail therapy!! Thanks again for the catch up... hope we get to do it again soon xx

Josie said...

Personally I like the look of your water bottle and chunks of lemon... with gin of course! :o) Looks like you had a fab day with friends. Lot's of goodies to play with at home too.... all that and you regained your maidenhood too... wow!! Book me a ticket on the next trip....:o))

KaHolly said...

Oh, what fun!! I'm so envious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>