Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blocks... and blocks....

Here is the second of this months blocks for 'Tis The Season Stitchalong....

I'm pleased to be keeping up to date with the blocks....
Y'see Chookyblue hosts it and she is right good at cracking that whip if you don't keep up!!


and I am going to do another of these angels..... for a Christmas goodie ....

Now to get a start on another BOM I have been wanting to do for ages...

Little Birdie Stitches with Little Miss Shabby......


I'm using some Rural Jardin which I bought when Bec from Oh Sew Busy had a clearing out sale earlier this year.... cutting the charm packs into little squares to make the borders......

I like to use pellon at the back so I traced out first and then am adding the borders before stitching



..... and I've been doing some machine stitching of borders and planning of layout for the Aussie Spirit quilt

Helen sent out 34 blocks... I have had 33 sent back which is brilliant ...
(Marina kindly helped with a second block as South Australia hadn't arrived and I just couldn't leave them out... I did live in that beautiful state for 2 years!!)

I made up a couple of blocks of blocks to even the numbers.....


I've started sewing the blocks together ..... nearly done

I hope you have some time for fun stitching over the weekend

20 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful stitcheries, a nice project to work on throughout the year.

Debbie

Narelle said...

Looks like you've been keeping busy with lovely work.
Enjoy the weekend. :)

Karen said...

Great to see your progress on the BOMs. Both are lovely projects. And it's lovely to see how the Aussie Spirit blocks are coming together, too. All those diverse fabrics work well together. Wonderful.

Cheryll said...

The little angel is cut & so is your quilt. When it's finshed it will be fantastic I'm sure.
Nice work Fiona! :)

donna said...

Fiona your angel block is wonderful. I am loving your quilt as well.
Hugs
donna

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

No rest at your place Bubz...your projects all look fantastic...

Allie said...

Pretty angel stitchery, Fiona - have fun with the little birdy one too! I love that one. The quilt is looking really great, hon!

Valspierssews said...

Good job on the angel and the birdie BoM is so cute. I have just been collecting it. The Aussie Spirit quilt is looking mighty. I have forgotten why you are making it. You seem to be getting lots of sewing done. Great work.

Bev C said...

Hello Fiona,

Do you ever stop???? Have a great weekend stitching. Yes,please remind us what is happening to Aussie Spirit,where will it end up.
Happy days.
bev.xoxo

Susan said...

I love how you have placed some solid 9 patch blocks in amongst the embroidered blocks! Great idea (which I might need to borrow!!!)

Anonymous said...

tyey look great Fiona well done

Barb said...

You have alot of fun things going on over there....Love the stitchery...

marina said...

your tts block looks great! I love your fabric choices.
I can't wait to see your birdie stitches, Rural Jardin will be lovely. What colour are you stitching in?
Well done with the Aussie spirit top, it is going to look wonderful.

Nicky said...

All is looking fabulous Fiona, your angel is sweet. Great to see another Little Birdie Stitcher, I'll look forward to your progress. It is a sweet, fun project, I'm loving it.

Sheila said...

Really sweet stitchery , love anything with angels . The quilt in progress is really beautiful , wow so interesting !hugs Sheila

Marilyn said...

Blocks and blocks are coming along beautifully. Keeping you busy.

Serenata said...

Looking great Fiona, wonderful progress you are making.

Sue said...

Fiona, thats looking great. You'll be ready for Christmas before you know it.

rosie said...

My gosh Fiona, you have been so busy...I love your stitching, the quilt should be beautiful when finished. Hope your day is special/xx

DeeDee said...

you busy busy lady... love the quilt top ..LOTS! how do you transfer the designs to the fabrics? I cannot find a good way... happy stitchin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>