Thursday, August 17, 2023

Third week of August

Another lovely busy sewing week for me....

First I sewed up the little bee  block for Gossip in the Garden.... silly bee had a swim in the tea!


Some more of the Field Journal blocks were sewn into hexagons.....


Another little critter in a tea cup (by Days with Joy stitchalong) as there is a new one due.  I still have the blocks to sew around a couple of these.


Since I had all my blocks for the main part of Gossip done I decided to sew them together......

It's so fun.. there is lots of different things to look at in it...

I still have borders to do... the main border is pieced so I have cut all those wedges out....


Any yay, yay, yay... this Pies and Tarts top is done...

I added the little border and wider border and since I had a few tarts extra decided to include them on the border (thanks for that idea Michelle)


As a non-EPP lover (forgive me) I am very pleased to have done this.  I won all of the fabrics for the pies and tarts, all of the precut card templates, plastic cutting templates.  I only needed to add some background fabrics and the borders.  Glenis at Glenrose Patchwork had a giveaway for the starter kit once she had completed hers.

Evening TV watching our Matilda's in the Womens World Cup Soccer has meant extra sewing time so I did another 6 self bound hexagons from my Field Journal stitcheries...


A miscalculation means I have double the binding I need for Pies and Tarts!  


So many lovely projects to play with and so many more that I want to get out... however I am going to concentrate on Civil War Bride this next week..... of course other things may distract me along the way!

Righto, Gotto Go.... CWB has some prep work to do...

Have a lovely weekend....





 

15 comments:

Chantal said...

So many beautiful projects in this post. I love the fabric you used for the Gossip in the Garden block. I had to search for it in the centre part. Beautiful! Great progress on the FJ hexagons. Can't wait to see this one together. Lovely borders on the Pies and Tarts quilt. Will it be a wall hanging or is it big enough to be a lap quilt? Have a great weekend. ;^)

Jeanette said...

Gossips is beautiful as is your pies & tarts. The FJ blocks are lovely.

Julie said...

Everything looks beautiful Fiona ... Gossip is so pretty, love the bee in the teacup. Your pies & tarts turned out wonderful - how special that you won all of that!!! Love the Field Journal blocks - Love everything!!

Lin said...

Certainly lots going on there Fiona. And all lovely. Pies and tarts looks brilliant with it's borders. Your hexagons are coming together quickly and Gossip is looking so good. xx

Raewyn said...

wow very productive Fiona, with lots of cool projects on the go! Great progress. Gossip is looking very good. Actually as are all your blocks!

In stitches and seams said...

You always have sew many lovely projects on the go Fiona. Its great to see them
In stitches Annette

Karen S said...

Everything is looking wonderful.
The Gossip blocks are looking great together.
And your finish for the pies and tarts is great. That is a lot of work.
Gorgeous embroideries as always. Those little teacup designs are a delight.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Chookyblue...... said...

woohoo pies and tarts is ready for quilting.........and gossip only needs the border.......doing great........

marina said...

so much gorgeous eye candy!
your gossip quilt is looking amazing.
cant wait to see some Civil war bride blocks coming up!

Ondrea said...

Another gorgeous GITG block and your FJ hexies are so lovely. Many many delightful projects. Clever gal!

WoolenSails said...

I've missed so much lately and trying to catch up. Always love seeing what you are working on, inspires me to get moving on my projects. I love those beetles, so pretty.

Debbie

Karen's Korner said...

You always have lovely projects on the go and at the finish line.

Susie H said...

The field journal hexies are beautiful. Your embroidery is beautiful. How far along are you on Civil War Bride?

Susan said...

great progress on Gossip - well done on the pies...what a bonus that was. I do love the FJ hexagons...what do you plan for the middle??

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>