Friday, August 4, 2023

Out and About

(picture heavy)

I went with friends to the Jumpers and Jazz in July at Warwick, a country town about an hour away

The pictures are all mixed up but I will try and give a bit of an explanation -

All scrolled wool made by Barbara


High tea made with wool scrolls

This is a close up of Barbara's wool scrolls, I found it fascinating...


some more.....

here is a bit of information about her work 

(some time ago I was having a clear out and part was some wool scraps from blankets I had collected over the years - Barbara came and collected them - I kept looking at the pieces for some of my bits!!!)


In another room at the Art Gallery they featured another textile artist..... there was this chair!


a mobile with hundreds of little budgies...



This one is a brain....

- again budgies indicating the noise and chatter we have inside....(I thought that was a pretty clever way of showing it)


more budgies

This is a little bit and the artists name.... (sorry I didn't get all the information correctly)


... and the back of the chair...


A large installation on the main wall - more budgies....



The dude in the centre of town had his scarf and beanie on.....


Lots of trees dressed up... I have a few pictures - the wisteria was my favourite...


At a market hall they had a large Alice in Wonderland feature....



- ooops back to the trees..... this tree had lots of nursery rhyme pictures....


fat Mario was there....


At the weekend Hubz and I went off with friends to another country town (Kingaroy) in the opposite direction...

we took the bush route.... 

visit to a view point - was such a gorgeous winter day and we could see for miles....


The area is known for peanut growing... so this is the giant peanut installation...


There happened to be a winery which we felt obliged to visit....


Evening view from our accommodation....


I didn't stitch, or knit ..... 

A couple of fun outings..... 

Righto, Gotto Go...... Friday to get on with....



 

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow those pieces of art are amazing. Love the back of the chair. :) The wisteria tree is beautiful. I hope the winery was worth the visit since you felt obliged to go there. lol.

Janice said...

Lucky you to get to Jumpers and Jazz once again. I’d love to go……one day……. We do like Warwick, so it may happen. What a great view on the way to Kingaroy. I didn’t know there is a big peanut there. We’ll have to find it next time we are through.

Chantal said...

I spent a long time in front of the Wisteria tree. It is so beautiful and the fairies and all. Thank you for taking us on your outings. It is so much fun to see your world. Happy weekend. ;^)

Jennifer said...

That was fun - thanks for taking us along, Fiona! Those scrolls look good enough to eat....and I love the cheeky chair.

Lin said...

You found some interesting exhibits at Jumpers and Jazz. The wrapped wool is very interesting especially enjoyed the closeup, such detail. xx

kiwikid said...

Wonderful exhibits at the show, did you find any of your woolen bits? Love that chair, front and back! A local pelican statue here has a beanie and scarf for winter! The tree decorations are amazing. Thanks for sharing your time away.

Jeanna said...

People are so creative and imaginative. Thanks for sharing the exhibits. The visit to Kingaroy looked like another fun time. Glad you had a couple of enjoyable trips.

Julie said...

That exhibition looks amazing Fiona - I especially loved the wool scrolls. I have lots of blanket scraps ... the mind boggles! Love the lamp posts all decorated too. xx

Karen's Korner said...

What a great exhibition. Nice to get away for short breaks and leave the everyday behind.

Karen S said...

What a wonderful collection on display at the exhibition. I can see that being very interesting ti look at.
Looks like you made the most of your visit to Kingaroy. Always great to see other towns.

Maria said...

Interesting Exabition and I enjoyed visiting with you.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What an interesting exhibition with such fascinating items. I'm always amazed by the things folks dream up and then make. Thanks so much for sharing your visit.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow so many different things too look at.......pretty cool.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>