Friday, March 10, 2023

2nd week in March


This week I finished the hand sewing for a section of Part 3 for Gossip in the Garden.....

... and then at a machine sewing day with friends I sewed on the border...


On the same machine sewing day I sewed up my 12 green buttons for RSC....


... and my Green House....


I had all the pieces cut for the blocks so it makes it easy to just sit and sew... and chat... and drink tea...

In the evenings I have continued with LTMD stitcheries and these two are now done....



I treated myself to a gift of a new sewing book....


Not sure when I will get to these blocks but I do love samplers.

We have had some much needed rain, not a lot but it looks promising for a wet weekend.... which means a great time to stay indoors and sew....

Righto, Gotto Go.... Friday Night Gin Time....




Hope you have a lovely weekend......


16 comments:

Lin said...

Sweet little basket. Well done with getting your greens done - mine are cut out..... xx

Jennifer said...

We have rain forecast, good weather for sewing......loving all your greens!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona lol I love that quote it gave me a chuckle,well done on your achievements,everything looks awesome ,hope you have a lovely weekend 🌹🤍🌹

Maria said...

Another lovely G in the G block and the sweet stitcheries.
Well done with the Green RSC blocks..
Funny quote. 😀

Jeanna said...

I just love your embroidery and those green button blocks. Your funny at the end made me chuckle!

loulee said...

Lovely stitching and blocks. Enjoy your new book.

Jeanette said...

Lovely projects, they all look lovely. Enjoy the new book. Love the quote. I nearly spat my tea out having a laugh.

Chantal said...

Cute little basket. It's funny how the bottom is different on the left than on the right. Love the buttons. So curious to know what they will become. woohoo! Suspense! My stitches aren't even enough for Sashiko but you go, girl! You have the talent for this. Enjoy! and the gin too. (I love that picture, lol.) ;^)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gin still wouldn't cut it lol! Your basket looks great....I started on the daisy. Love all your greens this month for RSC. Your new book looks interesting x

Karen S said...

Good progress all round.
The greens are looking good. I do like those button blocks.
Have fun with your new book!

kiwikid said...

Great progress with your green blocks and stitcheries. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new book.

Ondrea said...

Wow! So many things on the go. I loooove Sashiko! That book looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you make from it.

Helenchaffin said...

I luv seeing these button blocks come together,cute sticheries!

Radka said...

I have been tempted to have a go at Sashiko, but there just isn't enough hours in a day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sweet GREEN buttons for the RSC, Fiona! I like your house block and that darling stitching, too. Was there a pattern for the house. I enjoy using smaller scraps and our guild's challenge for the year is to make a quilt for the DOQ Neighborhood Challenge. Your block would be perfect for the type of scrappy sewing I like to do.

Cheryll said...

Nice work Fiona. EnJoY your new book and subsequent project of Sashiko...xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>