Wednesday, July 25, 2018

ChooseDay at the city......

I am so not a fan of the city - my stress levels run high with all the bustle .... I shop in outer suburbs as much as I can and avoid going into the capitals and bow down to the bravery of those ladies that drive in the cities - I do not feel at my age I need to conquer the fear.. but it is real.  

This cityscape I can cope with....

This is for My Small World …. block size is 12 x 11 (finished) and contains 91 pieces …. for those of you who are interested in statistics …. and diagnosing insanity.....


… the factory block was next....


… then a barn....


… and some housing development.... the bigger one is dreadfully dull (except the happy door) but I think it will be okay when they all go together.....  I struggled with Y seams in this one so I am definitely not doing another!



I caught up on a couple of Blockheads blocks...

this one is 12 1/2" square and required some concentration and patience!


and this one is 6 1/2" square


I am using 'scraps' from my baskets for both of these projects, and a couple of bigger pieces that needed to be used.

It was worthwhile spending so much time at the weekend preparing these....  I love it when I can just sit and sew....

Here at home we are making plans to paint the inside of our house.... who thought a 'white' would be so hard to choose???


We have settled on Breeze..... it will be lovely and fresh


The next part for My Small World is making a roof top with clamshell tiles.... they are 2" at their widest … thus far took me hours last night.....  they are sweet but I'm not tempted to do a clamshell quilt (yet) as much as I think they are wonderful.....


Righto, Gotto Go ….jobs to do, pictures to pack up....

have a lovely rest of the week




18 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning my lovely friend ,wow you sure have been busy,love all your work. I am with you i wont drive in Melb it terrifies me,i am like you and stick to the suburbs,hope your day is a good one Fiona xx

gracie said...

What lovely quilt blocks...you are so neat. I do not enjoy driving much anymore so I understand your feelings.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your quilt blocks are looking great and the clamshells will look sooooooooo good! I'm not a fan of big city driving either, but round here, we have kangaroos, foxes and deer that run out onto the road - I'm not sure which is worse! Enjoy your day x

Jeanette said...

Love your quilt blocks. I hate going into the city for any reason. Even using public transport to get there isn't something i like either. Hugs, xx

Jane said...

Oh my! You are working with some itty bitty pieces! I'm looking forward to seeing your My small world coming together, it looks like it's going to be a really interesting quilt

DreamNT said...

Thank you very much. I like your comment. It's a very good idea. It is interesting knowledge.








สงครามที่โลกจดจำ

Maria said...

Your City looks great and I like the logo. You are powering along with MSW.
Enjoy the painting....

Jennifer said...

Your city is a nicer scale than the real thing......wouldn't be so scary to drive in.

Louise said...

Lovely little city blocks! Someday I want to make a house/village/city quilt. They always appeal to me! You might like where we are anchored, in the river next to New York City. We can see it, but we aren't really in it at all. And when we do go ashore, we simply walk thru the neighborhoods to the market and restaurants. No driving here for us, not even our little motorscooters! :)

Karen S said...

Love the cityscape you are creating.
A well done keeping up with the other blocks.
I find it so hard to choose colours for painting. I can never imagine what the end result will look like. Good luck.

Chrissie said...

Lovely work, epecially love the pink and lilac block. I agree with you about the large towns and cities, far too much hussle and bussle, the quiet serenity of the moutains suits me fine. xcx

kiwikid said...

Your city scape is wonderful, I do drive in the city if I really have to, but am always happy to get back to our quiet neighbourhood!! Love the big pink/lilac block, clamshells are addictive..be careful!! :-)

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely quilt blocks. Yes the quite life is much better than the busy city life.Enjoy.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I hate going to the city... really.. it freaks me out. I have become such a country girl.... I am like you - I feel like I am old enough not to have to deal with driving in the city now... :) I am loving your small world blocks! I want to start mine when I get back to Dubai.... xx

Love Bears All Things said...

My goodness, so many projects going on at one time...I am not a fan of the city either...I guess a county girl is always a country girl..luckily for me everything I need is not far away.
Mama Bear

KaHolly said...

My Small World is one of my favorite quilts to see, but I don’t think I could make one! Yours will be lovely! Working from the scrap basket is the most fun!

Janice said...

You’re making great progress on both these projects. Which version of the pineapple are you going to do in Blockheads? I’m always amazed at how many whites there are on paint charts. Your house will look lovely and bright when it is all done.

Tanika Co Valda said...

Great Article
B.Tech Final Year Projects for CSE in Go
FInal Year Project Centers in Chennai

JavaScript Training in Chennai
JavaScript Training in Chennai

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>