Monday, July 16, 2018

Sunday at retreat.....


I arrived on Sunday to find my workspace had been sabotaged....  

look at that mess under my table!!! pfffftt…. some people cannot be trusted! (you know who you are)

It was quite funny really and a result of me complaining about the mess in my neighbours area and how clean and tidy mine was.....



On Sunday I carried on working with my Safari quilt and got it all together....


I love the zig zag pieces which are quite tribal

It was hard to photograph the colours to how they really are....


… it's not as bland as this.... I was especially delighted with my border fabric... it just brings out all the other colours.  I will bind in the green sashing fabric...


This pattern was made to show off some NZ fabrics and is called Kiwi visions by Mary Metcalf designs.

I had made up triangles from the left over (plus extra) strips from Ocean Deep and this morning I couldn't resist having a play with them.... 

I love this aeroplane propeller look.... must keep that in mind....


.. but this is what is happening to the triangles this time...

I have beige background to join it all together... but I need to have a bit of a think to make it the right size...


Both this pattern and Ocean Deep are from a book called New Ways with Jelly Rolls by Pam and Nicky Lintott…. they have done a number of jelly roll books and I am constantly amazed at how people come up with the ideas they do..... There are other quilts in there that I am looking forward to making too.

My handsewing lately has been another block for Angel Story...… meet Dimity the Dreamer.....


I really must get back to Dutch Treat this week....

Righto, Gotto Go..... some quilting work to do after playing all weekend.....


11 comments:

Susan said...

Wow - those triangles are very effective like that!

Jane said...

Love the design of the safari quilt and those triangles are stunning! I shall look forward to seeing how you finish it off

Jennifer said...

Love the safari quilt! Triangle blocks are adult building blocks.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona wow absolutely love your safari quilt its gorgeous and striking ,well done on all your beautiful work,you sure have been busy my friend xx

Janice said...

Great work. The zig zags really give the safari quilt a lift. There are some cheeky people aren’t there.

WoolenSails said...

Love the quilts, both are beautiful and that block is so cute.

Debbie

Louise said...

I love the zig zag sashing on Safari! So dynamic! I believe you that the colors are amazing in person. Some colors just will NOT photograph properly, very frustrating. The mysterious pile of trimmings under your chair is very funny! :)

kiwikid said...

How cute is Dimity!! Had to have a giggle at the pile of trimmings....someone is having you on!! Love the Safari Quilt, love very effective. And the next on the go is great too. You are zipping along there with creating.

Allie-oops Designs said...

LOL at the pile of trimmings!!! Ooh I too love that propeller look, what an amazing idea. The star is fantastic. And your safari quilt is stunning!!! You are so productive!~

Maria said...

Your Star is fantastic and Dimity is very sweet.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love the zig zag design on the safari quilt! Very cool :) xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>