Monday, July 30, 2018

Jumpers and Jazz...... (photo heavy)


One of our annual events in the area is the Warwick Jumpers and Jazz.  This year Kris and I went on a road trip to go and see …

The main art installation was a highlight for me, as it usually is....


a lovely cottage and garden....


just so much detail in everything there....


Home Sweet Home.....


… and here we are in front of the cottage....


.. there were flaming mangoes all over the place there...….. here is the jazz troupe...


The fibre art display was amazing... as much as abstract goes over my head I do appreciate the work involved and the thought gone into these pieces... the theme was Galaxy Morphed....

This was a big feature piece, each of those blocks must have been a metre squared.... looking close up was so much detail....


 another clever piece...


I think this was my favourite….. not sure why but close up there were lots of little beads on the sides.. made me think of the milky way...


 this piece was in 3 dimensions .. all those circles different fabrics with an inch or so in between...  very clever...


these little circles were about 2 1/2" in diameter... so quite small...


and each of them had unique stitching and detail in them..... 


Heaps of 8" squares … Kris was excited..... each one totally different....


 … and example of what was there....


 I rather liked these odd figurines …. they looked like fun to make...


 … and for the hexagon lovers out there.... takes crazy patch to a new level...all different fibres and textures in there...


a couple more planets …. 


just amazing work... needle felting etc


I did love this piece... even though abstract there seems to be organisation in there.... nice bold colours


this piece did not photograph well but it was lovely too....


Another big feature of the event is tree decorating.... 

this one was sweet with all the animals... those little red jackets said "adopt me"... I did want to take it home!!


Here is Kris making friends with one of the locals.... 


… and here is me next to one of the trees...


the monument in the centre of town always gets his own beanie and scarf....


This tree was fun... there were knitted envelopes and parcels hanging from the branches...


Taking a break … the seat was decorated as well as the tree.... lovely roses...



.. this one was the winner... so much detail in it...


and back to more flaming mangoes under the palms...


there was an exhibition by a guest artist Jessica Thompson called Jumperhead…. all crochet work...

I thought Kermit was a bit saucy!!


crazy art pieces... I am always fascinated how people think up these things....


A true JumperHead….


There may have been some snacking, some shopping and some losing of phone, some panic and some joy in reunion ….

A fun day out - we are lucky to have this event relatively close by (an easy hours drive)



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona,wow really amazing displays,people are so clever,i agree with you i think kermit was a bit saucy lol. Thankyou for sharing these amazing displays with us ,it was interesting seeing all the different projects,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Catsngrams said...

Hi Fiona I have been a blog stalker for quite a while as that is the only way I get to see everyone's lovely sites. Your blog is amazing! Those displays are so wonderful I have never ever thought about a city doing a display like these. What a treat to get to go see them in person. thanks for sharing them with us, I love them.
Carla

Chantal said...

Very interesting and colorful. I tried to imagine stiff-collared politic-infested Ottawa being decorated like that, so liberated, and I laughed. It's easy to see from the pictures that you had a fun time. I had fun seeing and reading your post. Thanks for sharing. ;^)

Susan said...

So much creativity - so much imagination - thanks for the photo heavy post - loved everyone.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Oh what fun we had & your phone had an adventure all of its own. :0) Thanks for sharing a fun day. Bear Hugs! KRIS xx

Jennifer said...

I'll get there one year! Such fun art....thank you for going on our behalf.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What fun ❤️❤️❤️

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow! Amazing! The work in it all....what fun to see it all. Thanks for sharing your day xx

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Oh WOW, what a collection of work. I would loved to have seen all of them. The work is amazing, I love everything and don't think I could pick a favourite. Thanks for sharing all that amazing work :) x

kiwikid said...

Kermit must have snuck away from Miss Piggy 😆😆😆 what a wonderful display thanks for sharing..love the flamen mangoes...hee hee, some amazing work there.

Julierose said...

Stunning displays and stitcheries on display there! I'll bet they look amazing in person. Sounds like you had a wonderful day...thanks for the virtual tour hugs, Julierose

Janice said...

What a fun day out.

Louise said...

What a wild and wacky event! I'm sure there's nothing like in the States. Looks like so much fun and lots to look at and admire. I liked the Milky Way one, too. So clever and detailed :)

Maria said...

Just WOW

Karen S said...

What an amazing display. I have a lot of admiration for the people doing all this work. Thank you for sharing photos.

Cheryll said...

What a FuN post...great pics from an amazing event...xox

Chrissie said...

Wow, such diverse collections of fibre fun, lovely to see so much inspiration and creativity, thanks for sharing your wonderful day out xcx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>