Thursday, March 19, 2015

A visit.... a storm... an apron... and FNSI plans....

Yesterday Hubz had some work out of town... it just happened he was going to be going past Michelle's house... so I hitchhiked and Michelle kindly hosted me for a day.....

... there was a bit of chatting and forgetting to take pictures... but Michelle did snap evidence of my visit..... we both love pretty mugs.....



... on the way there a sudden storm came through ... it was chasing us.... haha.. it missed us but we were happy to have found we had a nice little shower at home....


Michelle did take me shopping... so my purse is a bit lighter than planned....

... and we did some stitching.... I sewed some of Little Miss Strawberry and finished off the last few stitches last night.....
(alphabet bears... one of Michelles sets)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jane has started video lessons through her website and offered a first time freebie of making up an apron out of an old shirt..... my old apron was really messed so it was a great reason to make a new one.....

Jane's lessons were so lovely and clear, and the project very easy .. and I loved listening to her calm voice... I added a little bit of lace on the collar for decoration....

I have been reading Jane's blog for some time... and I love what she makes especially recycled clothing.. thanks Jane



Today I am prepping up my Nature's Journey blocks....


... all ready for FNSI hosted by Wendy tommorrow night.... hope you can come too... sign ups are here....


Righto, Gotto Go..... I want to sew a few 9 patch blocks to match my alphabet bears...

14 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend the day. Your nature's journey looks interesting, can't wait to see how that comes out.

Debbie

sunny said...

What a lovely way to spend the day!

Maria said...

how nice to be able to chat, shop and stitch with Michelle for a day.
Pleased the storm only chased you...
Lovely stichery....
I hope to finish my Natures Journey blocks for March too.

marina said...

couldn't think of a better way to spend the day!
love the fabrics you have organised for your natures's journey blocks. It's going to be amazing.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thanks for coming! I loved it x Strawberry bear has stitched up really nicely. You have done a great job. Love your Nature's Journey blocks too. Better get organised for FNSI !

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Fiona,
good to hear you are having a good time, the apron is very nice and practical for catching spots.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Jennifer said...

Nature's Journey is lovely.....and Strawberry is very sweet! What a lovely time you and Michelle had. Such a practical apron, I'm a real grub when cooking - it's just what I need.

Susan said...

sounds like you had a really lovely day. Beautiful stitching, your NJ especially.

Cheryl said...

How lovely to spend the day with Michelle. Love your apron - how clever to recycle an old shirt

Cheryll said...

I'm surprised...and delighted that you actually managed some stitching! Well done ladies.
Was it East Coast Fabrics? I'm jealous xox

Karen S said...

How lovely to spend the day with Michelle - perfect!
Great work with your stitching and the apron.
Looking forward to seeing those blocks together.

Raewyn said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day - nothing better than spending time with friends - and your stitchery is so cute. The apron is such a clever idea, even a non -apron wearer like me could be tempted! I do love your NJ blocks, have fun stitching tonight :-)

Helen said...

Sounds like a wonderful day spent with Michelle. Love your blocks !!!

Jane said...

Such a pretty bear and thank you for joining in, love the shirt

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>