Sunday, August 27, 2017

This week's blocks.....


A few weeks ago I sewed my Japanese blocks together with the black sashing.....  these blocks have been on the go for a few years so I decided to use what I have and do something with them....


On Tuesday us girls managed 7 more blocks to our Quilt Anthology quilts.... 


This is where I am up to now....  these are not sewn together yet....


We have one for homework... my first attempt at clamshells - I chose to do it like needleturn and couldn't resist a little bit of fussy cutting!


I had fun with a bit of a different all over design on my quilt.... I used the shape of the cherry blossom as my inspiration....


... choosing a gold coloured thread so the blocks weren't affected and the black just softens slightly....


.. much easier to see the effect on the back...


My Dutch Treat quilt has had a bit of attention this week...

there is this large bird in a small tree....


and a flower of hexagons....


I have been tempted to join in with another SAL hosted by Helen, the Tuesday girls (Brisbane) are doing it as a group and opened it out to others.  A pattern by Leanne Beasley.

Since I love stitcheries, I love LB designs and I had a bunch of these pretty Tilda fabrics in my cupboard it was a no-brainer that I could join... especially with enablement from Helen, Susan and Shez!


Helen has opened up a blog for us to share and others are welcome to join... read HERE for information.

In between quilting I like to stretch so I stand at my work table and have been tracing out the stitcheries.  I wish I had thought to keep the fabric in one piece but hey ho we will manage....



Righto, Gotto Go - I have got behind in my scrappy baskets so I hope to spend a bit of time today catching up on those...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Fiona,wow you are amazing with the amount of work you get done,love your blocks and your Japanese quilt looks awesome,love your FMQ.
Lol happy to enable you my friend xx

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow wow that Japanese quilt is amazing, love all the color and the black frames it perfectly - the quilting is outstanding, you must be very pleased with that one! All the blocks are so pretty, I really love your clamshells!

kiwikid said...

You are one busy quilter!! Love the blocks and clamshells, very clever cutting the f into the shell!! The Japanese quilt looks amazing, your quilting looks sensational too. Looking forward to seeing the new QAL coming together.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your Japanese blocks❤️❤️❤️

Janice said...

You've made great progress on everything. I love the way your a Japanese Quilt has turned out. I'm looking forward to your new project.

Karen S said...

You are so busy with all your projects.
The Japanese blocks look great together with the black sashing. Lovely to see it all quilted, too.

marina said...

Such beautiful projects Fiona!
The tilda fabrics will look so pretty for your new sal.
Those tiny hexies look so perfect! Great job!
Gorgeous clamshells.

Louise said...

The black sashing is perfect on your Japanese quilt! And so is the gold thread for quilting. Just lovely work, Fiona! That stack of Tilda fabric is gorgeous...

Jane said...

that looks like another SAL/QAL look forward to seeing your progress. You've had a wonderfully busy week

Lin said...

The black sashing sets off your blocks beautifully and of course the quilting is amazing - very brave gold on black! xx

KaHolly said...

Boy, there's no keeping up with you! Love that quilt! You did a great job quilting it!

Raewyn said...

Wow, you are keeping really busy! Fun to see your japanese quilt and its quilting - well done....And I am loving your Dutch Treats - you must have quite a pile of those blocks now. Hehe very nice to see you've also been tempted by the new no-fuss sal :-) I'm still wondering what fabrics to use....

Maria said...

OMG 😲 you're really busy stitching your gorgeous projects...
Cute DT blocks...
Have fun in your new SAL

Susan said...

Love it all - the anthology blocks look so good together...glad you are in on the SAL

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>