Monday, August 21, 2017

The weekend that was.....


That weekend went fast fast....

There was Friday night stitching.....


... and on Saturday morning I had a belated birthday/christmas/anniversary/whatever activity and went to learn some cake decorating....


something I have wanted to do forever but don't really like fiddly diddly things....


oh my gosh it was so much fun.....


... now I think I need a new stash of stuff so I can practice practice practice....


I completed a giftie and wrapped it up.... ready for posting this week.....


I finished up my block for the Stitch-a-long.......



... and I put the binding and sewed the bells on my Christmas banner - off into the giftie box it goes....


And best of all we went to the airport in the middle of the night and collected DD and widget who have been on a trip overseas....



... and now we are back to Monday....

PS the cake was provided... chocolate mud cake which is so delicious.... too much for us so most of it has gone off with Hubz to his office..... now I need to learn to bake a nice firm cake that doesn't crumb - any recipes??????

Righto, Gotto Go.. there's jobs to be done......
have a great week everyone.....

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your cake looks fabulous. Love your block & banner. Hugs, xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona wow you have had an awesome time,love your cake and your block is gorgeous as is your new bunting,i think you exel at whatever you put your hand to my friend,well done you are so clever.
Hope your DD and widget had a lovely time o/s's xx

Susan said...

Love the cake decorating - that is the trouble with new hobbies - more stuff - more $$$ and more space!!
Did you make the flowers too?? -I love the gold icing.

Your sewing is lovely too - of course!!

Maria said...

Lovely cake decorating Fiona.. Sorry my cakes always crumble LOL.....
Love the Christmas Banner ... Great SAL Block.
Nice to have DD and Widget home again...

Jennifer said...

That cake looks so good! Back in the day, fancy iced and decorated cakes were always boiled fruit cakes because they could stand up to being handled and didn't crumble......however, these days not everyone likes fruit cake......I do......

Helen said...

The banner looks great and your stitch along block is beautiful. The cake looks amazing :)

marina said...

That chocolate coated strawberry looks way to close to that background fabric!
Stunning cake and gorgeous Christmas block. Such pretty fabrics. Well done on your finished banner.
Lovely to have dd and widget home again, bet you've missed them.

sunny said...

Your cake is beautiful! The problem with cake decorating is.....the cake!! I would want to eat it all. I'm sorry I didn't start that SAL, but I guess I can always do it later. Just too many other projects on the list for now. Have a great week!

Anthea said...

Is there any talent you do not possess Fiona?! The cake looks wonderful, good for you... as for a good recipe, I don't think you can go past Women's Weekly mud cakes... chocolate or white, yum!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your weekend was awesome! You are so creative... love your Christmas block and the cake is amazing! xx

Louise said...

Aaaaaaand, now I want chocolate cake...

Did you make the little flowers yourself? So pretty!

WoolenSails said...

I haven't baked cakes in years, no fun when you can't eat it, lol.
I love how yours came out and fun to be able to make special cakes for friends and families.
My best recipes came out of an old fannie farmer cook book.

Debbie

Jane said...

well done you :)

Lin said...

Fabulous cake and what a nice, busy week. xx

kiwikid said...

LOts of interesting things happening at yours! That cake decorating looks amazing!! Yum for the strawberry but not choc dipped for me! The banner and block look lovely!

Karen S said...

Wow, that was a busy time. How amazing is that cake. I see it as another distraction but fun at the same time. Lovely work on your block and well done on the banner finish!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>