Monday, December 26, 2011

The BeardedManinTheRedSuit came by ....

This year I participated in Chookyblue's SSCS for the first time

I received my lovely parcel with THIS ornament and on Christmas Day I could open the main parcel from Sharon in New York

isn't this bag just awesome... I put it on a chair so you can get an idea of the size... yup... it will fit lots in.. almost the kitchen sink ... and has lots of pockets inside for all those treasures... 


The bag was wrapped in fabric... such a fun Christmas apron, which of course I will stitch together to  wear next year
(I've never had a special 'Christmas' apron)


... the bag was stuffed with lots of lovely little parcels.....
tissues... (which were needed, I do get tears from niceness), yummy different flavoured tea (I am having one right now as we speak), note book and cards and all those DMC perle threads.... and just when I want to learn to do some hand quilting.. these will be just perfect and a lovely quilt card came with it from Sharon

Sharon - thank you so much... what an awesome parcel..

and thanks to Chookyblue for hosting this fantastic Christmas swap - so well organised

There are loads of pictures of such a wonderful array of ornaments HERE on Chookyblue's blog - it's not too early to be inspired for Christmas 2012!!



I had a surprise gift from bloggy friend Cyndi ......I haven't met Cyndi of course so I was very touched to receive this lovely parcel from her...


Such a fun book with all sorts of interesting and different projects....


... it also has yummy recipes to try and pages discussing antique kitchen equipment
(it does worry me that most of these I remember having them in the home!!)


and these lovely charm blocks.... I just love these happy fabrics 


Thanks Cyndi... such a special gift from a special friend - I love it all

this next parcel was a fun charm swap coordinated by Sharon - we all had a few colours of fabric to buy and slice into 5" charms.. then Sharon split them up and sent us each a pack containing one of each of the charms.... what a lovely way to collect a rainbow... Sharon is planning on another rainbow swap next year so if you are keen to collect some rainbow colours pop keep an eye on her blog... 


There was some comments about the way we treat Santa in our house when I showed our decorations so I thought I would show you a close up....


I couldn't resist this ornament when I visited New Zealand a couple of years ago... I guess this is the way he needs to get into houses since we are 'down under' here....

I just wanted to clarify we are not abusers of BeardedManinTheRedSuit!!

I hope he bungied by your place.....



17 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Lovely gifts Fiona and that Snata is just adorable xx

Anonymous said...

lol,Fiona i love the bungie jumping santa ( 1st on i have ever seen )proberly helps to jump that way down the chimneys,lol.
What a wonderful gift you got from your SSCS partner,that bag is awesome,hope you had a great xmas Fiona.xx

Jeanette said...

Lots of lovely gifts you received Fiona. Bungy Santa is cute. :) Hugs,

Larissa said...

What a gorgeous selection of gifts you received!!! I especially love that bag - what a great size!!!

Nicky said...

Oh Fiona you have been spoilt too.. your gifts are awesome! That's just the way it happens in New Zealand too ........ poor Santa is happy to leave here I think .....

Jindi's Cottage said...

Wow what a great bag...and lovely extra goodies...love the apron panel, how fun...love bungy Santa...

marina said...

what wonderful pressies!
Lots of inspiration there with all those charm squares and those fabrics from Cyndi are just lovely.

Wee Little Birds said...

So many great goodies...love the Santa

Jennifer said...

What a lovely range of treats! Love the NZ Santa too.

Serenata said...

Fantastic gifts Fiona, looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow spoilt by Sharon....lucky you.......enjoy.........thanks for being part of the SSCS.....glad you enjoyed your first year......

lovely other goodies in this post too.............bungy Santa........lol

rosie said...

Hi Fi,
Such a lovely lot of gifts.. so well deserved..
Love that bungy jumping santa!!
Still laughing at the poem you had on one of your last posts!! Just love it..
Happy Christmas...xxxx

Mistea said...

Lovely bag with all those inclusions.
Nice book for use in the kitchen and craft room - perfect.
Love the rainbow.
Enjoy

quilary said...

Lots and lots of lovely sewing related goodies arrived at your place - Santa really did enjoy the humour in the ornament!

SharonZ said...

Hi Fiona-I'm so glad you like your SSCS gifts and that I could be your "first" partner. Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Sharon Z in Upstate NY
Quilting With a Marmalade Cat
http://quiltingwithamarmaladecat.blogspot.com/

Talin's Corner said...

Oh what great surprises in the mail! The charm swap fabrics look like you will have a lot of fun with them. Santa looks like he is having a lot of fun too.

LuAnn said...

Lots of beautiful things in your post, and I love the nice variety of charms you show from the swap. Happy New Year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>