Friday, November 3, 2023

First Week of November ...

Oh my gosh, we are seriously on the countdown to Christmas now!!!  This year has gone so fast...

The air is very smokey where I live, no fires threatening near our home but there are lots around.... I think they said 84 fires in Queensland this week.... our firemen and women are doing such good work and a lot of people have lost homes and had to evacuate...  hoping for some rain this weekend...

As per usual a few different things being sewn here.....

Some unfinished blocks were handed in to Community Quilting - needleturn applique.  I was asked if I could make another the same as one triangle block - no pattern so I had to trace off and there was lots of available fabrics...

The top one was what I was given and the bottom is what I managed to make.... reasonably similar... Now the next person is adding stem stitch to highlight bits... and hopefully sometime soon we will see what they make with it all

I also brought a couple of community quilts to quilt - only took a picture of one but I did big loose designs on them - next person is doing the binding....


One of my own quilts is on the frame now - Gossip in the Garden and I am doing quite heavy quilting on it so it's taking a while - but it's great fun....


I always love the look of those bubbles so I gave it a try.... 


Slowly adding a few stitches on my table- runner.... 


here is the progress this week!


The Sashiko style blocks are a bit quicker ......


not much crochet was done this week but I did sew ends in so these 7 have been added to the KOGO pile.....


I did work a bit on The Avenue... finished sewing down the trunks and started putting them in lines.... then I noticed one was being obstructive so I had to do a bit of unsewing and resewing!   I still looooooove it though!



That's about if for my crafting this week.... a rugby game was watched, hunting and gathering done and a couple of social outings .... 

Righto, Gotto Go - I'm out all day and need to get ready.... coffee first...

Have a lovely weekend.....xx




12 comments:

Jeanette said...

All lovely projects. It will be interesting to see what is made from the applique blocks.

Lin said...

You did a great job of replicating that applique. The blocks are lovely so it will be interesting to see what is done with them.
Quilting on Gossip is looking gorgeous and the embroidery is coming along nicely. Those trees are so lovely.
A big storm came past yesterday so we have more than enough rain to share! xx

Jennifer said...

Well done! Very smokey here today although there are no nearby fires, but of course there is wind.....

Janice said...

That is still quite a bit achieved this week. Your contributions to the community quilts worked well. I do love the detail on Gossip. It really highlights the piecing. Your hand stitching is coming along well. Good job you noticed the wonky tree now and could fix it.

Karen's Korner said...

Lots of lovely things happening in your sewing room. It is certainly going to be a very bad season for fires.

Cheryll said...

WoW... You HaVe been BuSY... on beautiful projects.
Love seeing what you are working on... :)

Karen S said...

Where do I start! That is a great match for the block you were given. Lovely work.
And that is beautiful quilting on Gossip. Love all the designs you are using there.
The table runner is coming on well. Great colours. Vibrant.
Glad you have those trees in line for The Avenue.
We may be far away but still keeping an eye on those fires!!!

Ondrea said...

I really love The Avenue blocks, something different. GITG is looking gorgeous . Gees, trying to needleturn on black fabric is hard! Well, for my eyes lol. Hope the fires are under control. One of our local CFA went up to Toowoomba to help.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your duplicate applique block is perfect. Well done. All your projects are pretty.

Susan said...

A perfect replica of the pansies - how pretty! and a good idea to share the workload. Your Gossip quilt will be stunning . . and of course The Avenue...funny how one tree was misbehavinbg.
So sad about the fires.

Barwitzki said...

I'm so sorry, the fires sound scary, by the way my husband is a firefighter.
Your works are great... I've knitted lots of beautiful things in the past and have been getting into sewing for some time. First bags, then clothes - shirts, pants, dresses and coat - now I've worked on patchwork and have a few small results... it's great for me to see your work, I'm thrilled with your quilting... such great patterns ... I love it. And that's exactly where I have to approach... kind regards.
Happy creating to you. And enjoyment outside in nature. Viola

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done on matching the applique. Gossip quilting looks gorgeous. So glad you are safe from the fires...horrendous for so many. Our firies and those that came to help from other States are beyond wonderful. The Avenue looks great too despite reverse sewing xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>