Wednesday, September 27, 2023

End of September


As always September is a full month and it has gone so quickly.....

However..... I am thrilled to have finally finished the top to Civil War Bride!


It is about 70" square and of course still needs quilting and binding.....  I would like to hand quilt but am unsure whether it will ever get done if I do that!!  I need backing first before I have to decide!

I looked back at my blog and saw I had started it in January 2021.

My embroidery sampler has grown a bit this week and I have finished the first 'page'.  There are a few stitches I haven't done before as well as different uses - like the running stitch as a filler for the heart and those wheels needed a youtube viewing to learn.


Today is a quiet day at home and I want to play with the border for Gossip in the Garden....


That's it for this week.... I have a sewing retreat day on Saturday so I hope some progress will be made on my Avenue's quilt....

Have a lovely weekend...... xx






13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous quilt. So lovely to look at.

marina said...

absolutely Love it!! well done on finishing this stunner.
your embroidery sampler is looking lovely.
enjoy your retreat.

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations on getting the top finished. Looks stunning.

Lin said...

Stunning! I love it, just so beautiful. Congratulations. xx Oh and yes your sampler page is lovely too. xx

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish, your Civil War Bride is stunning!! Your embroidery sampler looks amazing too.

Jennifer said...

Oh wow, Fiona - such a beautiful quilt. Give yourself a big pat on the back!

Maria said...

Such a stunning finish.
How have I missed so many of your previous posts?
Lovely RSC blocks, Pretty hexie blocks and more. Well done 👏

Chantal said...

Bravo, Fiona! You have an heirloom there. A masterpiece! I love the addition of the butterflies. Sweet touch. I'm sure you can hand-quilt it. What's a few more years of work? Haha. Enjoy! ;^)

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous Quilt!!
Your embroidery is so even. I wish I learned all those stitches.
All your work is beautiful as usual

Karen S said...

That is a wonderful finish on your quilt top. The borders look amazing.
It has been worth all that effort!!!

Jane said...

it's been lovely watching it come together, it's a real beauty!

Ondrea said...

STUNNING!! You must be so proud.

Janice said...

Civil War Bride is absolutely stunning. You did so well to complete it in that time, considering all the other projects you have worked on as well. Have fun finishing the Gossip quilt top.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>