Thursday, September 14, 2023

2nd week of September


Well, I didn't get round to taking even one picture at the Stitching weekend! I was busy having fun clearly.  

This week I have been getting on with some of my own sewing and crochet...  some more leaves have been added to Civil War Bride border and some stitches into a Sashiko panel....

These 6 framed hexagons are done.... I am now at a point where I need to make a decision before going any further..... I have done 6 each framed in 13 different colours.... they need centres and fillers and there are some more stitcheries to be framed so I will have to choose colours for all that....


Finally some of my own machine sewing - there are a number of 'monthly' projects I am behind on....

RSC yellow - these buttons got made.... I clearly use very little yellow - and need to make an effort to gather some yellow scraps in my future I think.... I do love a bit of yellow so I am surprised...


2 blocks (in 6 different colours) for K Drama BOM hosted by Meerkat Shweshwe  have been sewn....  I love that this is totally different to anything else I have done...



and I have managed 6 crochet KOGO blocks.....


I still have some of the 'monthlies' to do so will play around today ......

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week....

xx




 

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love your hexagons, they are all beautiful designs and can't wait to see how you set them. You have done so many beautiful projects lately and lots of variety, I do enjoy doing stitchery, scraps and bright, fun ones too. I see your flowers are blooming, it won't be long before ours start turning, fall is coming.

Debbie

Lin said...

Nice BOM blocks. I am struggling with some of my RSC colours with not enough fabrics to give variation. But as that means my stash is shrinking I suppose it is a good thing! Lovely FJ, I have finished off 4 this week. xx

loulee said...

Lovely blocks, I look forward to seeing more hexies, they are so pretty.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I really like that button block! I don't have a lot of yellow either, I find it hard to find a yellow that I really like.. but I like all the shades that you have! Love your KOGO blocks! Is that a crochet along? xx

Jennifer said...

Those hexies are very pretty.....I have a lot of yellow, I love it! I don't take on monthly challenges because I would get too far behind......

Chantal said...

I too love your hexies. Your stitches are so beautiful. Looking forward to seeing them all together. Love the prints you use for the K Drama BOM. They are so fun. Enjoy! ;^)

Susan said...

Love the hexies - I've been wondering what is going to happen to the middles . . .

Wow! the K Drama BOM is so different - a lot of fun!

Maria said...

Love those hexies..
You've been busy on all your blocks as well as some crocheting.

Ondrea said...

Crochet blocks are lovely. What size? I am thinking of making 8 " for a charity. Love your hexies and the other projects are lovely. Busy, busy, busy.

Janice said...

Another productive week. I’m looking forward to seeing your BOM progress. It is rather unusual.

Susie H said...

Your hexies are SO SWEET! They look like they were fun to stitch too. I know what you mean about getting behind in your monthlies. Seems like I'm always working on catching up too. Hope you managed more sewing time this week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>