Saturday, September 23, 2023

3rd week of September

Another week gone by.... The Quilters Angel (my favourite quilt fabric shop) had open doors this week and I went to play there a few days.....  it is fun seeing people pop in and ooh and aah over fabric, pat pretty things and go home with heavy pink bags!

I spent Monday at my sewing machine to catch up on a few monthly projects....

I got a Yellow house sewn...


a teal block (for QAYG)


... and it's yellow counterpart....


The Quilt Group I belong to had their annual Quilt Show which I visited on Thursday.... but didn't take pictures - my friend and I were chatting too much about the different quilts.  Some of them can be viewed on the clubs facebook page HERE if you are interested.....

My evenings have been spent doing some more needleturn....  this is the centre of the bottom panel for Civil War Bride.....



When my eyes are too tired I continue with some crochet blocks....


Today I spent the morning at Embroidery Guild and continued with my little sampler.... 

Going slow as I am trying hard to improve and today I learnt to start and finish without a knot (something I have never bothered with) - however, the back is not as good as the front!


... and I am sorting for a new sampler quilt! this time Sashiko style using this green linen and some DMC thread (I was given one of those huge 500m skeins)


At this stage I am just preparing the fabrics - it will be a lovely portable one to take to group..... but I'm not starting any handwork till Civil War Bride is finished....

A cooler day today and I will go and play in my sewing room for the rest of the afternoon.... I hope you have a lovely weekend.....


9 comments:

Lin said...

Your sampler is going to be very pretty and the sashiko sounds like a long term project. xx

Jennifer said...

Well done on persisting with CWB, it's a marathon not a sprint......loving the yellow house!

Chantal said...

Your posts are starting to look like mine: full of different projects being done at once. Lol. FYI: the yellow triangle on the house's roof - I have that fabric too. CWB makes me think that I should get my Hexi quilt out and work on it. So many projects ... all more interesting than the last. Enjoy! ;^)

Jeanette said...

Lovely projects & the embroidery sampler looks interesting.

WoolenSails said...

I haven't been to a quilt shop in ages, trying to use up my piles of stash. Lots of great projects in the works.

Debbie

Karen's Korner said...

That skein will keep you busy for sometime to come. As always a lovely variety of projects being worked on.

Janice said...

A nice mix of projects and techniques. That will be a lovely colour for the Sashiko.

Ondrea said...

All your projects are eye candy. Looking forward to seeing the Sashiko style one.

kiwikid said...

So many beautiful quilts at the quilt show! You have lots of interesting projects on the go Fiona.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>