Thursday, May 11, 2023

First week of May

This week I have completed this Field Journal block 


.... and did this one at Quilt Group ...


A couple of cold evenings saw this crochet blanket finished.... the corners look very squoowiff ... but it is better now it has had a wash.

Made of some odd balls of Pure Wool


Yesterday I had girls over at my place for sewing... we all bring our machines and work on various projects....

I had done the applique and embroidery and had the blocks cut out ready for sewing so this block for Gossip in the Garden got put together 


Then I worked on blocks made from old shirts.....  I will need to cut out some more.....


The next part of Gossip that I am doing is some sweet little stitcheries that will go inside Dresden plates....  they don't take too long to do...



One of our favourite light meals is roasted cherry tomatoes and camembert  - added a few home preserved olives and crispy baguette. I add a bit of garlic, olive oil, thyme and balsamic vinegar to the tomatoes.


Righto, Gotto Go... today I am off to Embroidery Guild to learn something new - hope I get it right!

Have a lovely weekend.....xx



18 comments:

Chantal said...

Wonderful stitcheries you did and I'm sure you will get the new stitches right. Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend. ;^)

Jeanette said...

Pretty embroideries. Gossip is looking lovely. I'm sure you'll do well at embroidery guild.

Deb said...

Lots of stitching for you but I really dove in on your light meal! It sure looks tasty and I may add it to my repertoire. Thanks for sharing , stay safe and sew on !

Lin said...

Great work with those odd balls of yarn. I love roasted tomatoes - looking forward to our crop this summer, the plants are in! xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Another pretty duo of CGT blocks. Gossip is looking beautiful. I am finding that skinny stitchery strip awkward lol! Nice to keep warm with lovely crochet xx

Jennifer said...

Your blanket looks very cosy....just in time for winter! Pretty stitching too. Your meal would be delicious if it wasn't for those tomatoes - not a tomato eater, me.

Karen's Korner said...

A lovely warm rug to snuggle under. More pretty field journal blocks. A busy morning sewing with the girls.

loulee said...

Your stitcheries look beautiful and your woollen blanket will be very cosy, just the thing for the cooler months. Lots of lovely quilt blocks too.

Julie said...

Your blanket looks wonderful Fiona. And that meal looks rather wonderful too!!! How delicious. We are having cooler temps now too. xx

Raewyn said...

Lovely FJ blocks Fiona. Also your Gossip inthe Garden is looking great and who doesn't love blocks from old shirts?! Your crochet blanket looks particularly cosy - a nice combination of leftover balls. Your meal looks delicious :-)

marina said...

beautiful field journal blocks and a lovely woolly finish!
love your gossip in the garden progress. When I see your and Michelle's blocks it reminds me how much I enjoyed making mine. the little cups are so pretty.
lovely shirt blocks, are they a memory quilt?

Susan said...

Gossip is going so well - and quickly . .
Love the short blocks...well reaLly love most of your stuff . . . a lot of variety

I like the idea of camembert and tomatoes etc for a meal - got to love baked camembert...have you tried it with honey and some dukkah sprinkled over it . . .then in the oven for a bit....mmmm

Jane said...

I love the shirt blocks!

Ondrea said...

All projects are lovely.

Janice said...

Gossip is really progressing now. Looking good. Your rug will be nice and toasty, being wool. I think I’ll visit your house for lunch. That looks rather tasty.

WoolenSails said...

I love how your stitchery looks with the variegated threads. You amaze me with all the projects you are working on and finish, I am getting slower each year, or maybe busier.

Debbie

Karen S said...

Gorgeous Field Journal blocks again. So sweet.
And lovely work on all your projects.
That meal looks delicious, too.

Chookyblue...... said...

field journal and gossip are coming along..........looks like the perfect meal......do you do the tomatoes in the oven??

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>