Friday, January 13, 2023

This week


The week has sped by - it's been a busy one with various things...

9 more 'pies' were appliqued onto backgrounds.... and a bunch more of EPP pieces glued on for stitching into pies...


This bright cheerful quilt is on the frame... made in December 2018 - All over flowery feathers you can see in the turquoise border...


At machine sewing day with friends I made a start on some of the old shirt quilts.... at this stage I am making the broken dishes blocks....


I had 6 coordinating fat quarters, I prewashed as it was loose weave and they did shrink a fair bit so I'm glad I had.... and I made them up into simple fat quarter draw string carry bags.... gone into the gift box


The binding has been added to the Charming Stars quilt.... free pattern from HERE .  The top was made in a Sewalong hosted by Terry in 2015... so it's been in hiding for a while.  I used a favourite line of mine called Papillon 


Custom quilted the stars, sashing and borders... fairly simple to keep it soft...


Found a very pretty backing.... the colours are dulled in the picture but there is more pink


I have a quilt too big for my frame so I have pinned it up and will do it on the sit down machine when I need some sit down time....  It's a kit I got years ago and made up the top in 2019 called Les Courtiers.  Lovely French General fabrics.


Looking forward to the weekend, a couple of quiet days at home for me.  There is sewing stuff everywhere in 'that room'....  I hope you have a lovely one whatever you are doing...

Righto, Gotto Go... coffee needs topping up....



19 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

You have been busy....delicious looking pies there.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

What a lovely busy and productive week you've had! Just love your Charming Stars quilt - the backing is perfect, and great to get it done after hiding for a while :) Those drawstring bags are perfect for the gift box... xx

Janice said...

You have been digging into the pile of quilts to be quilted. It must feel great to get them finished. They are lovely.

Julie said...

That Stars quilt is just gorgeous Fiona & I love how you have quilted it. Very much my favourite colours 💗 Those fat quarter bags are wonderful too & make great gifts. Enjoy the weekend Fiona - its turned HOT here now after lots of rain. xx

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lot's going on to keep you busy. Charming Stars is super sweet and that fabric is just gorgeous. Love the colours. Those draw string bags are a great idea for gifts. So much loveliness!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Pies is looking good and Charming Stars is beautiful. You've got lots done xx

Raewyn said...

Gosh it does look like a busy week - you really seem to be ploughing through lots of projects. I hadn't thought about loose weave fabrics shrinking so much but it makes sense - good idea to do make some wee bags with them. I have a Charming Stars waiting to be quilted too - I love yours!

Jennifer said...

Well done on finishing those quilts from so long ago! A pat on the back from me.

Susan said...

as they say "Time flies when you are having fun" it's good to have a sit-down option too for the quilting. And you are making great progress on some of the old tops.

Lin said...

As nice variety as always - you have made a great start with the shirts. xx

Chantal said...

Lovely progress with the pies. I don't like to work with loose woven fabrics. You did great at making something useful before giving them away. I just send them to second-hand stores. Lazy me! Congrats on finishing Charming Stars. It's so soft and lace-like. Beautiful! Enjoy a peaceful weekend. ;^)

Cheryll said...

Sounds like a mission to complete a few UFO's... good luck with that.
Lots of beautiful fabric on display...xox

loulee said...

You've been very busy, no wonder the week flew by.

Karen S said...

So much happening but really good to see the Charming stars finished and looking great.

Ondrea said...

Oh my! You are so productive!

WoolenSails said...

I need some of your energy, lol. Wonderful work and finishes. I need to sit still long enough to get back to my quilting, a lot to finish.

Debbie

kiwikid said...

You have had a busy week Fiona, you must e making a big dent into the quilting pile.

Kathleen said...

After using your long arm, it must be hard to quilt on your dsm. My longarm is 8’ so I make quilts to fit it. 😁 I don’t think I could go back to my dsm - especially with a big unwieldy quilt. I admire you!

Jeanette said...

Don't know how i missed this post. The pies look good & love your charming stars quilt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>