Monday, January 2, 2023

Starting 2023

This year I have decided to join in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again..... run by SoScrappy.  


I am going to do this Brickhouse Quilt....  a free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop.....


Evenings are still evenings with hand sewing in front of the TV .....


I did have a sewing day with friends and worked on some more of my 'pies'.  These are ready now to have the papers removed and get appliqued on to a background.


Another Field Journal block done....


And a couple of days spent quilting this old UFO....  this was made in a Sewalong hosted by Terry in 2015.  It is called Charming Stars.  A Moda free pattern found HERE

The binding is made and waiting to be sewn on...


Shirts continue to be chopped up... it's quite a slow process fiddling to make the pieces fit within a sleeve, a back etc...  still got quite a few to do...


Righto, Gotto Go...  must go and dig out a bunch of dark blues for my Scrappy Brick Houses...


Wishing you all the very best for 2023 - may it be as good as it can be for you and I look forward to reading/sewing with you....

15 comments:

Chantal said...

Happy New Year to you too. Love your FJ stitches. I wonder what those pies will become. Looking forward to seeing your first take on the Brickhouse blue block. Enjoy! ;^)

Astrid said...

This year I've decided to join RSC too (for the first time). I've kept an eye on the Brickhouse Quilt too, but also have another one I like. Great way to start the New Year by finishing 'Charming Stars', it's a beauty. Beautiful stitchery.

Kathleen said...

Happy 2023 to you also! I participated in the RSC for the first time last year (no blog but kept myself accountable). Silly me, I did blocks for SIX different quilts!l I plan to spend 2023 finishing those quilts.

Maria said...

That looks like a great block to do for RSC .
Some lovely stitching on the FJ blocks and the pile of Pies are growing.
Looking forward to seeing the shirt blocks come together.

Karen S said...

You have started off the new year with a lot of projects ready to go!!!
Still love seeing the field journal embroideries.

Lin said...

Nice to see you cracking on - I seem to have slowed right down! The brick houses are going to make a great rainbow quilt. Happy New Year. xx

Jane said...

Looking forward to keeping up with your progress.

loulee said...

Happy New Year. I look forward to seeing more of your lovely work. Lots more.

Julie said...

Happy stitchy, creative, healthy New Year to you too Fiona!! Love your field journal blocks - you achieve so much in your work. You make me feel idle! Love how the shirt blocks are going too. Enjoy your day. xx

Ondrea said...

Love your FJ hexies! So many lovely projects as usual.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful embroidery work! Brick houses will be a great RSC. Love the idea of your special family quilts xx

Susan said...

Off to a good start….I have so much to catch up on when I get back home.

Janice said...

Have fun with all your projects this year.

kiwikid said...

Happy New Year to you Fiona, looks like you have been busy already.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Happy New Year! It's going to be a good one with lots of sewing done... right?! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>