Friday, January 6, 2023

The dark/bright blue scrappy Brickhouse is made


RSC is hosted by SoScrappy and I am using this free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop

Last years RSC is together now.... I didn't do all the colours as I hadn't calculated the size of the blocks and this was as big as I wanted.... it's a child size throw.


I quilted it all over in watery swirls - now it's finished I like it more than I did before....


The back is pieced with left over backings from other quilts....


I had a couple of days sewing with friends and worked on my EPP pies, sewn and appliqued onto background...


Other hand sewing (like during marathon video chats)  has been working on this block for Civil War Bride....


I only have one more block to do and then the borders.....

Lots of cutting of shirts has taken place.  I expect I will need to do more but I will make a start this week on sewing and then assess where I am once some blocks are together.  

Righto, Gotto Go.... I want to prep up the next CWB block - it's always a messy task...

Have a lovely weekend....


19 comments:

Susan said...

you are well ahead in the RSC

Excellent progress on CWB...though I know there is still a lot ot do inn teh birders.

Jennifer said...

Loving the house block, Fiona....and the CWB block is so pretty....fun fishy quilt, I can see them swimming through the water from here!

Janice said...

The small quilt looks great. The brick houses will be fun.

Karen's Korner said...

Nice work on the "bricklaying" in your blue house and a good finish for the 2022 colour RSC challenge.

Jane said...

Love that RSC quilt, a subtle use of the colours with some lovely pops!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely house block and beautiful quilting. Civil War Bride is a beautiful quilt...well done on such lovely work xx

Lin said...

Your fishes have turned out really nice. Just one more CWB block - brilliant! xx

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Lots of lovely things to look at, I love your applique block with the bird.

Jeanna said...

Your hand stitching is stunning! Happy New Year!

loulee said...

Lots of lovely progress. And a great finish.

Julie said...

I love that house block Fiona .. I might go check out that free pattern. Also love your last years scrappy quilt & love how you've quilted it. Gosh lots of work in civil War Bride. xx

Jeanette said...

Lovely house & beautiful CWB block. The quilt is Lovely & love the quilting you did.

Maria said...

love your House for the RSC..
Great finish on last years RSC blocks. Mine are still in the box.
CWB is lovely

Karen S said...

Your blue house is a perfect start to the colour challenge. They will be fun to make during the year.
And only one block left for the Civil War Bride!!!!!

Chantal said...

Your blue house looks great. Will you make one of each colour? I love your fish quilt! It's such a fun quilt that I'm convinced a little one will love it. Lovely CWB block. Hope the prep of the next block goes well. ;^)

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I am fascinated by the faceted feel of your 2022 RSC quilt. It's a stunner.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Last years rainbow quilt looks fantastic! I like the idea of doing the houses block... I haven't joined in for a few years, so I might this year... xx

Susan said...

Thanks for the link. I love your CWB block.

Kat said...

Beautiful work. The appliqué is gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>