Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Sorting... sorting....


Pies and Tarts are coming with me when I go out for sewing days on Tuesdays..... over the last couple of weeks I have managed 3 pies and 2 tarts.   I will need to forage for backgrounds to applique them on.


I have finished off this little mini quilt... which has been ongoing for several years.  


It is 13" square and has foundation paper piecing, embroidery and free motion quilting....


and this week I am in to my foundation piecing ..... Abstract Elephant is proving to be completely addictive....


I did finish up the quilting on this little panel.... I wrote 'love' and drew little hearts, stars etc in between all the loves...


It is backed with some lovely soft flannel..... 


This week is going to be a hand sewing down the binding week....  I have 3 quilts that need to be finished off.

Righto, Gotto Go .... the next section of my elephant is calling out to me!  But first coffee!

Have a lovely rest of the week ...



16 comments:

Terry said...

Everything looks great but I LOVE the elephant!! :0)

Jeanette said...

The mini quilt is beautiful, love those cute baskets. Abstract elephant is looking really good. The panel is very cute as is the backing.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Pies and tarts are growing. Your mini quilt is just beautiful and sweet and snuggly little baby quilt! I am in awe of that elephant! Wowsers!

Jennifer said...

Love your miniature baskets, Fiona - so sweet! Your elephant is going to be amazing.....and, well done on the other projects too.

Maria said...

Nice Pies and Tarts,
Sweet little baskets in your mini finish.
The Elephant has many pieces but is growing beautifully…
Cute baby quilt. Enjoy the binding.

loulee said...

You have been busy. Those little baskets are super cute. Your elephant is looking majestic and I love the little blue panel quilt.

Julie said...

What a super lovely line up Fiona. You get such a variety of work to dive in to. Pies & tarts are looking great but Oh I love that mini quilt - just beautiful. And the "Love" quilting & flannel backing on that pretty pastel is just adorable. 💙💙

Karen's Korner said...

WOW gorgeous mini. Elephant is progressing nicely. So looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh the mini is so cute.......
goodluck with the elephant and binding.......

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a fun project to take along, I have done that with hexagons. Your mini quilt is beautiful and I love your elephant piece.

Debbie

Chantal said...

I truly love your elephant but GOSH! does it look complicated. I now see what I first thought as teeth on his face, it's actually the top of his head. Love, love your mini with all the embroidery. You are so talented. Bravo! ;^)

Jane said...

Saw your updated elephant on FB, it looks fabulous!

Lin said...

Your mini quilt is gorgeous - such pretyy little baskets. Mrs Elephant is looking stunning! xx

Karen S said...

Great to see your finishes, but that elephant is stunning. Wow!

Janice said...

They are all such lovely projects. The mini is so sweet and the baby quilt looks so soft. I can’t wait to see the Elephant in his entirety.

kiwikid said...

Love the little baskets in the mini, well done on the finish. The elephant is stunning.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>