Tuesday, September 13, 2022

At the finishing post

I have had a binding marathon ...... 

this was a kit I purchased off a destash some years ago and the pattern was designed specifically for the range of fabrics.


lovely quality flannels and pretty prints


I chose a neutral backing - on which you can see the custom quilting more clearly.... I kept the quilting light so its soft and cuddly


the binding on this little quilt did not take long....  no piecing was done here - it is a single panel.


also soft quilting.... 'love' written and a wriggly line in between ....


And finally the churn dashes are completed too.... thanks Donna for hosting the Churn Dash SAL.....


An all over design of meandering ribbons also keeps this a nice soft quilt....


I totally love this backing .....


I think I am all binded out now .....  

Righto, Gotto Go... kettle is boiled .....

15 comments:

Jeanette said...

All very lovely quilts

Lin said...

Three lovely finishes. Your Churn Dashes look fantastic! Such a great idea and the backing fabric IS gorgeous. xx

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a lot of bindings. Congratulations for all the finishes.

Maria said...

So good to have completed the three lovely quilts.
The two baby quilts are cute and your Churn Dash looks fabulous…

Jennifer said...

Well done on those bindings.....that's three more for the finished pile!

loulee said...

Three great finishes. Oh yes, the backing on your churn dashes is lovely.

Chantal said...

Triple congratulations on these lovely finishes. I love the first one. I don't know, it just talks to me. Needless to say, the two others are wonderful too. Great job on the binding front. Enjoy the quilts. ;^)

Janice said...

You’re on a roll. I too love the churn dash backing.

Tazzie said...

Your churn dash blocks look fabulous, what a great finish!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Julie said...

A marathon effort on all those bindings Fiona!! I love your churn dash & I absolutely love the backing you have chosen. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

3 great finishes and Churn Dash is lovely....such pretty backing too! You've been a busy bee xx

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful quilts and I do like the idea of making more panel quilts for charity pieces.

Debbie

Jane said...

It's very satisfying to get all binding done and finish so many quilts. I've got a few completed tops that need layering and quilting

kiwikid said...

Well done on all those binding finishes Fiona, they are beautiful quilts.

Karen S said...

Wow, you have been busy. Very impressive to have 3 quilts finished!!! And looking great, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>