Thursday, December 19, 2019

Sampler done...

I have completed my Sampler Quilt done with Jane at Loopy's place


I did my blocks half the size of the patterns so my quilt measures 22 x 19".... doll quilt size


I had a bit of fun with the quilting....


… each block is different....


fabrics were scraps from another quilt where I used a fat quarter pack.....


I love these colours together.....


Jane is going to do another sampler next year... I can't wait to see what we do....


I have been working on my Les Courtiers (a bit neglected for a while)

This is the pattern for the blocks down the side..... 44 needed...… hmmmm

done by hand and appliqued and I just knew I wouldn't get that done


so I made 9 patches instead (thanks Michelle for the idea)….


My math is not good and I made them all 1/2" too big so trimming around each edge was needed....


It was good to have them nice and square for the next bit though.... which also needed trimming....


I have all the blocks constructed for the quilt now and hopefully I can start putting them together....  lots of different ones ....

Hand stitching has resulted in another sweet United Stitches block


Righto, Gotto Go... I want to start putting all the different blocks for Les Courtiers together...... quite a bit of work to do on that


10 comments:

Jane said...

I love seeing how everyone has interpreted the sampler quilt. Love the nine patch blocks and how you have finished them, very striking :) and a beautiful colour

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your sampler is gorgeous and so is OUR favourite fabric range. Looking forward to seeing you finish the borders. LOVE your stitchery....I am hanging out to do some but still 1797ing xx

Jennifer said...

You have been busy......your sampler quilt is really cute!

Sue SA said...

Good on you for recognising that next step wasn't going to happen and changing it up so it keeps progressing. Looks great!

kiwikid said...

Your Sampler quilt looks wonderful Fiona, love the quilting. Well done with the amending of the blocks, I have trouble with maths too!! Pretty stitchery. Looking forward to seeing your blocks together.

Cheryll said...

Love the sampler mini quilt... very pretty...
I find stitching at this busy time of year so relaxing...
Merry Christmas Fiona...xox

Karen S said...

Great finish on the sampler. And it looks like you have another pile of blocks ready to go! No rest for you.

Louise said...

What a sweet little doll quilt! I never think to make blocks a different size when working with someone else's pattern. But it's a smart way to use up the last of some scraps. Clever you! :)

Lin said...

Great finish Fiona and I love that you have made it a sampler of quilting too. xx

Raewyn said...

Well done on your sampler finish. The fabrics you have used are lovely together and your quilting play looks great! Good idea to replace those outer blocks in Les Coutier with the 9-patches - looks far less of an ordeal in spite of the extra trimmingyou needed to do! Sweet stitchery block - you look like you must be getting a nice little pile of them now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>