Monday, December 9, 2019

FNWF ... and more....


TaDa…. the crochet blanket all done.....


 I love the colours …..


… and I learnt a new pretty picot edge....


all folded and put away hoping for hand delivery to eldest daughter next year....


This is made from a kit bought from Wool Warehouse (UK) with a pattern by Attic24 who also has wonderful tutorials on her blog.  This one is Cosy Stripe Blanket.

I played with the Christmas fabrics I had bought and made a Bondi Top with it


The little red stripe is the back bodice..... 


These are my favourite tops...… cool and comfortable....

Double date with FNWF and sewing at The Quilters Angel and I started a new United Stitchers block..... this is how far I got in the evening.... satin stitch takes me aaaaaagggeeesssss…. 


This little 12" square mini in quilted...


… and binding done so it is hanging up now on the stand..... 


fits just right... thanks for the gift Michelle....

Righto, Gotto Go... a new week … I will be doing a mixture of sewing, quilting, child minding ….. it will be busy....

Hope you have a lovely week.....


15 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

WOW that blanket is just gorgeous. Your little mini looks very pretty on its stand.

WoolenSails said...

Your quilt is gorgeous, the yarns are beautiful in it. You have more patience than I do, satin stitches are too much for me, I stick with outlines. Your top looks fun with those prints and definitely nice for hot weather.

Debbie

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your blanket is gorgeous.....Such beautiful colours. You'll have to watch me around your new top.....Could be bits cut out lol! Gee the mini has come up a treat....I think I shall have to include it in my next parcel to my quilting faerie xx

Jane said...

It might take ages, but it has a lovely feel to it :) The blanket it beautiful, someone will be really happy to get it, especially hand delivered

Lin said...

Great finish on the blanket Fiona - Lucy has such great patterns. Your Christmas hanging looks gorgeous too. Couldnt download all your pictures for some reason! Anyway, I think I got the essentials. xx

Karen S said...

Your crochet blanket looks gorgeous. A beautiful finish.
Love the top, too.

Susan said...

LOVE the blanket...what a treasure. Cute little hanger too.

Maria said...

Love your bright crocheted blanket with a cute picot edge.. lucky daughter...
Satin stitch is time consuming but yours are looking good...
Such a lovely little mini...

Chrissie said...

Your blanket looks stunning, and so big, love the vibrant colours too. Your christmas mini looks lovely in its frame, very festive. Good luck with your square, looks like it may take a little time but will be so worth it xcx

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous blanket! I like the mini quilt, it's very apt for Christmas......and your new top too. Would it help if I told you that satin stitch gets easier, the more you do it?

Pink Rose said...

Good morning my lovely friend,wow i love your crochet blanket the colours are beautiful,well done on all your beautiful finishes Fiona you sure have been busy xx

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

A beautiful mix of crafts to beautify your home and warm the heart.

Janice said...

I love Lucy’s patterns and colour selections. It’s turned out beautifully. Your daughter will be delighted. Your other projects are great too. The little mini looks so good in the stand.

June's Jottings said...

Goodness Fiona, your crocheted blanket looks great - love the colours and well done with learning a new stitch.

Your top looks great too - it sure gives the appearance of being lovely and cool.

Just love your mini quilt, the colours certainly suit it, and it really does sit well on it's stand.

Raewyn said...

That sounds exciting, hand delivering the gorgeous blanket next year! your Christmas top is lovely, I hope you've been getting lots of wear out of it...... Love how your mini turned out - perfect Christmas colours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>