Monday, December 16, 2019

Field Journal


Last year I joined up a monthly club via The Quilters Angel.  Field Journal is put out by Cottage Garden threads and each month there are 4 little pre printed stitcheries and 4 new CG threads and liberty fabrics for the borders.  

 I haven't started mine yet but it's my plan for next year …..

Here is the first one with the threads I need for it ready and waiting …...



In a lovely little thread holder gifted to me a couple of years ago by Chez....



4 new threads a month (plus the ones I already have) are much more than can fit into the folder...

I purchased a zip file from a local stationary store....

and ordered currency file sheets via ebay….

They are just the right size and fit each month into a sheet...


the long top is where it is open which makes them very easy to slip in and out...


This one is already full so I will need another zippy file....


I love CG threads and although they are quite dear I do find they are perfect for so many of the projects I like to do... this is an excellent way to collect up a good number of threads

Meantime I continue doing these little stitcheries... also in CG thread but all the same colour ....


I need to get moving on them so I can start the ones I have been saving from Field Journal (32 at the last count plus a larger design)

Rosalie Dekker/Quinlan who designed the United Stitches has been a favourite Ausi designer of mine for a long time (sadly she has now passed but her designs live on) also designed some fabric and I had purchased a bit of it.

I am using some at the moment - it has an almost linen feel, thicker than cotton but really really nice...


I found a fat quarter pack at The Quilters Angel and so this came home with me last week


My Christmas treat to myself, I have no idea at this stage what I will use it for but very glad to have it.... 

Righto, back to the sewing room.... 



18 comments:

Susan said...

Ah ha - love that idea for storage of the CGThreads - how does it go when they are uncurled from the card - I have oodles of them and storage is a real pain - was it an Officeworks purchase??
meanwhile - back in sewing land - I do love the little flowers...pre printed gets me every time - well almost - I MUST restrain . . .2020 is already full up!

Jane said...

Great storage idea. Love the owl

Janice said...

It’s fun to have a new project or two to look forward to. Your thread stash is very organised.

Maria said...

You'll love stitching the monthly ones with your new CG threads each month and such a great way to store them...
That's a gorgeous bundle of fabrics that followed you home....

Sue SA said...

Zip folder is the perfect way to carry, store and choose your threads, thanks for sharing your great idea.

Jennifer said...

That's a nifty storage idea......what a genius you are, Fiona! I liked the Christmas treat idea, definitely something to keep in mind.

Chantal said...

Lovely thread holder Chez did for you. You have a very clever system to organize all your threads. I like it. Enjoy! ;^)

Karen's Korner said...

It looks like you have a busy year planned ahead in the sewing room. Love yourself Christmas gift. Enjoy using them.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful storage piece and a nice way to keep things organized. Love those variegated threads, I will have to find some shops when I am in NH, they do have one that carries supplies for stitching, so it would be fun to see all the types of threads and colors, in person.

Debbie

Cheryll said...

You'll have a sensational selection of threads and all displayed in an amazing & very useful container. Merry Christmas Fiona...xox

Louise said...

What a beautiful stack of fat quarters! Yum! I'm sure you'll find something fun to do with those. It wouldn't do to just hoard them, ha ha! It's nice to have all your threads and flosses so nicely organized. I just got some new zippered bags for projects and it feels like I'm ready to tackle anything now :)

Karen S said...

Good to see you so organised or your field journal. Plenty of stitching just waiting there for you,
And I do love your Christmas treat bundle. Happy stitching.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona what a lovely folder that Chez made for you and those cottage garden thread holder book looks like a fabulous idea.
I love your new fat quarter bundle,its a lovely xmas treat for you.
Oh i love your little stitcheries well done xx

KaHolly said...

I love, love, love it! It will come in so handy. Your fabric bundle is delicious! You’ll find something wonderful to make with it!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful Xmas present to yourself, lots of lovely fabric there. Your stitchery is cute and that is a wonderful way to organize your threads, and the block you are working on.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Perfect for your threads and blocks! You were a very nice Santa to yourself....good work!

Chrissie said...

What a brilliant storage idea, I do like the colour ways on some of these. A lovely way to collect more too by doing the monthly collections. Your little owl is so sweet to, wonder what you will make him into. That is a really colourful bundle of fat quarters, I´m sure you will come up with a super design for them xcx

Raewyn said...

I didn't sign up to the Field Journal but quite a few ladies are doing it through our shop and they are loving it. It's nice watching them enjoy it so much. I have a perfect sized box for my CGT but it's getting rather full.... I'll have to come up with a plan B.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>