Thursday, December 12, 2019


My little mini quilt is finished.....

The hand quilting is pretty ordinary... but I'm learning.....


This quilts is Shoofly Sampler made from Quirky Little Quilts book by Sheryl Johnson.  I hope to make another of hers next year..

This time I added triangles at the corners to add a rod.... will see how effective it works


This week I purchased a quilting frame.... I will try it on a bigger quilt and see if that helps me get a better holding style and rhythm ...


Over this week Mr Postie dropped off some special ornaments...

From Michelle.....

From Maria.....

… from Shez...

Thank you so so much....

I really love the hand made ornaments and I have a lovely collection now..... 

Widget is staying for a few days and so he put the tree together for me and we are slowly adding the handmade ornies ….. 


I am very late with doing mine so today whilst he made up a jigsaw I did my ornie envelopes....


I finished off another penguin jumper ….. now we have 5 


Today I had a skin check at the doctors and as we went off in the car Widget was telling me about his thoughts on Santa being a fake.... (he is 10 now)

Well, I wanted an explanation about the ones that we see in the shops for photographs..... he was trying to tell me that they are a 'substitute' Santa....

"The ones in the store are prostitute Santa's"...…. well I was almost off the road …. 

Still makes me laugh out loud..... 



Righto, Gotto Go... my turn for a few ornies on the tree......

14 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona lol still laughing at Widgets comment,lol.
I love your Shoofly sampler,your hand quilting looks great,well done.
How lovely to have widget up to help you with your tree decorating,hope you have a lovely evening my friend xx

Jennifer said...

Love Widget's comment......I wonder if that will put him on Santa's naighty list! Your hand quilting looks pretty good to me.

Michelle Ridgway said...

LOVE your new mini....I would be interested to see how the corners work out! Love all my handmade ornies too....You have some very sweet new additions...glad you like hedgie. Still giggling over Santa's helpers lol!

Karen's Korner said...

Out of the mouths of babes. Hahahaha. Your mini is gorgeous.

Sue SA said...

LOL that is very funny and definitely one to tell at his 21st birthday! I adore your felt hedgehog ornament, that is sew cute!

Jeanette said...

Oh dear. So glad you didn't have an accident. That is so funny. I may not be able to keep typing as i'm chuckling so much. :). Anyhoo the little quilt is gorgeous. Hmmm must finish mine. Love those little penguin jumpers, they are just so cute. Hugs,xx

Louise said...

Oh, so funny!! I'm glad you were able to keep your car on the road :) Your little sampler is very sweet, too.

Janice said...

Out of the mouth of babes. That is too funny. I love your latest mini quilt. I’ve used the triangles in the corner method and it worked well. Good luck with your hand quilting journey. I don’t have the patience at this stage, but I do have a hoop. All th3 ornaments are gorgeous. Your tree will be full to overflowing.

R's Rue said...

Lovely.

kiwikid said...

Still chuckling here at Widgets comment, love how they work things out. Great decorations that have arrived at your place. Your mini is stunning. The penguins will be very happy with your knitting them jumpers.

Jane said...

I love those sort of things, lol. Shame we don't remember all of them! I've just put triangles on the corners of one of my little quilts, for the larger ones, I put a mini sleeve in the middle to help support it :)

Karen S said...

I think your mini works just fine. Hope the hoop helps you the way you wish.
Lovely to see the tree on the way to being covered.
And I do love the Santa prostitute.Can't beat kid's pronunciations!

Susan said...

Gotta love how kids think!
I love all my hand made ornaments too....

Raewyn said...

Hehe great story by Widget! Beautiful ornies - I've yet to gt my Christmas things out - arrgghhh!!! The little Penguin jumpers are so cute - and will be so useful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>