Saturday, December 21, 2019

Les Courtiers


I purchased Les Courtiers off a destash site some years ago because I love the French General fabrics (and it was a bargain price)

Since I had finished all the individual blocks I started putting them together...

Rows 1 and 2 …..


Rows 4 and 5….. (it seems I didn't take a picture of Row 3!!)


Joining them together..... only fitted sideways on my design wall.....


then I added 10" wide borders all round..... (I  made them wider than the pattern said as there was enough fabric and also I wanted it a bit bigger)


Love the colours…. it is 98 x 86" and will be a challenge to quilt...… one fine day....


I have the pattern set available should anyone like to have it (Aus only for postage I'm afraid)  however there is NO fabric requirements (it came as a kit with fabric included) and I did find I needed to make a couple of changes to blocks but that could well have been maker error during the different stages....


 It's now sitting in the quilting queue with the binding ready cut to sew.....


Another sweet United Stitches stitchery was completed.....


 … and I am slowly getting the hang of working my thimble to do hand quilting....


Trying to do at least 6 threaded needles a day.....  so I have it at the table and when I get a chance I go and sit and do a bit..... 


… am finding the hoop helps a lot for the middle bits... on the edges I just grip with my left hand....

This quilt is "In My Garden" by Natalie Bird... such a gorgeous design with stitchery, applique, piecing, EPP and the most gorgeous sayings and pictures....

Righto, Gotto Go... last quilt job for the year is waiting for some attention.....

Hope you have a lovely weekend wherever you are...… xx

18 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful fabrics, can't wait to see it quilted.
Always love your stitcheries, you do such wonderful work on them.

Debbie

Catsngrams said...

I love your quilt and you are so talented.

Carla

Michelle Ridgway said...

It has turned out beautifully Fiona. Gorgeous stitchery. Your quilt will be lovely hand quilted.....I have a queue for hand quilting....I can send you some hehehe!

Jennifer said...

Well done......that is a huge quilt! Your hand quilting looks great from here......*squints*

Jane said...

Lovely to see it finished. Is that going to be machine or hand quilted? I've never been able to get on with a thimble, still trying to find one I like

Chantal said...

Congrats on getting another top done. It's lovely! ;^)

Lin said...

Another beautiful quilt top - great design. Glad you are persevering with the quilting. xx

Cheryll said...

LoVe this quilt...& your hand quilting will be perfect.
And Les Courtiers is gorgeous too.
Merry Christmas Fiona... xox

kiwikid said...

Wonderful quilt Fiona, it has come together well. Your quilting fairy is going to be busy next year. 😁 your sitichery is cute and well done with the hand quilting.

Karen's Korner said...

Your beautiful quilt has done justice to the French General fabric. I admire anyone who hand quilts.

KaHolly said...

Your quilt is fantabulous!

Raewyn said...

Les Courtiers is beautiful - the (pieced) border is perfect! Good on you with your hand quilting - a good skill to master.....

June's Jottings said...

What a lovely looking quilt you have made Fiona, and I just love your little stitchery as well.

Louise said...

Oh, that's such a pretty piece, Les Courtiers! And your hand quilting looks like such a cozy process. I'm guessing that "cozy" isn't quite what you want right now in the middle of summer, but it's very appealing from here in the middle of winter :)

Janice said...

Beautiful work Fiona.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona wow this quilt is stunning i love it and boy it didnt take you long,beautiful work my friend xx

Just Ramblin' said...

Your quilt is beautiful and I can see that you have spent many hours working on it. Will be fun to see it quited!

Karen S said...

Fantastic finish on your quilt top. It does look great.
And it looks like you are progressing well with the hand quilting. Great to see the hoop helping.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>